home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-12-2019, 01:34 PM   #1
zafiro
Two Bedroom

Default DIS stock zooming today

There is still time to get in: DIS stock hits ~ $131, up over 10% today. The sky's the limit (dare I say, "To infinity and beyond"?)

I've been saying for as long as I've been a MO; if you love the mouse but are one of the MOs who doesn't trust or doesn't like the "gouging" policies - sell your contracts and invest in DIS, or invest with what you have if you're on the fence about buying a new contract. This is a way to make peace with the capitalistic nature of a for-profit mouse if it bothers you each time there is a price hike or change in services.

DIS' expansion investment, renovation and redirection focus (Disney Media's jump into streaming services competing with Netflix) is going to fuel this stock for years to come.
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:38 PM   #2
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafiro View Post
There is still time to get in: DIS stock hits ~ $131, up over 10% today. The sky's the limit (dare I say, "To infinity and beyond"?)

I've been saying for as long as I've been a MO; if you love the mouse but are one of the MOs who doesn't trust or doesn't like the "gouging" policies - sell your contracts and invest in DIS, or invest with what you have if you're on the fence about buying a new contract. This is a way to make peace with the capitalistic nature of a for-profit mouse if it bothers you each time there is a price hike or change in services.

DIS' expansion investment, renovation and redirection focus (Disney Media's jump into streaming services competing with Netflix) is going to fuel this stock for years to come.

Yeah, I was looking at it hang at 98 but not ready to buy, then again after it dropped back to 102 before the fox deal closed I tried to warn people that it would at least hit 120 this year... but this is quick a move! Unfortunately I spend all my money buying tickets and points at Disney and not stock.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:40 PM   #3
zafiro
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Yeah, I was looking at it hang at 98 but not ready to buy, then again after it dropped back to 102 before the fox deal closed I tried to warn people that it would at least hit 120 this year... but this is quick a move! Unfortunately I spend all my money buying tickets and points at Disney and not stock.
Not too late: I'm seeing analysts saying it will hit $140 or more by Q4. I think they're being too conservative...
Old 04-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #4
carolina_yankee
Administrator

One recession and Kavoomp. Remember, it was down around $14 in 2009. If you wait until the next recession, can probably make more in the long run.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:51 PM   #5
BuffaloJim
Studio

DIS is the only stock I actually own. I have exactly one share and itís framed and hanging on the wall.
BuffaloJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:57 PM   #6
zafiro
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
One recession and Kavoomp. Remember, it was down around $14 in 2009. If you wait until the next recession, can probably make more in the long run.

Dirk
An economic recession would hit everything that consumers buy in the same "Kavoomp" wave. All boats rise and sink in economic unison. There have been many who have been predicting a major pull-back / recession for the past 4 or 5 years, and those sitting on the side lines waiting to have at the big dip have lost lots of momentum and profit.

I agree you should always keep some powder dry - but being too cautious has a price as well.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:59 PM   #7
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Not too late: I'm seeing analysts saying it will hit $140 or more by Q4. I think they're being too conservative...
Agreed. I would have to fight off this urge to buy more points and I'm having some trouble with that.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:59 PM   #8
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:

I bought a bunch of stock 3 weeks ago at a cost average of $113...only to watch it drop to under $110 just a few days after purchasing. Luckily it rebounded quickly.

My thought was buying for the long play with all the box office hits and SW:GE coming. I figured any increases from Disney+ would be already built in or would come at least a year from now after they started up the service.

I must say I don't really get why the pricing of Disney+ made it jump that much. Didn't everyone know it was going to be in the $5-$10 range per month? A stock like DIS going up 10% on news that shouldn't be that big of a surprise is surprising to me. I'm certainly not complaining. Always glad to be on the right side of a trade.

Options would have been nice to have purchase yesterday.

Last edited by mustinjourney; 04-12-2019 at 02:05 PM.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:08 PM   #9
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I'm no expert (which is why I sold at $40 after buying at $14, instead of holding), but watching the stock price it seems the market continually undervalues Disney. I wouldn't be surprised to see this drop back a bit. As you point out, Disney didn't really announce anything that wasn't anticipated.

It just looks extremely well done and will be very popular. Maybe they didn't trust Disney to get it right and yesterday's presentation convince them it has?

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:46 PM   #10
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:

Itís taking handles off the length of stay cups and going to three ounce pours and getting rid of Off Kilter and cheating DVC owners that put them over the top. You can be a financial powerhouse and not be cheap petty pricks.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
3 Nights Only* Thinly Veiled Excuse* Surf and Turf* Once Upon a Fantasy* Galactic Spectacular NYE 17-18* The Fall of Disney 17* Tale of Two Views 17* Back in the S.S.R. 17* Uni Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 16* Spring Surprise 16* NYE in the World 15-16

Coming up...
5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-PVB Western Carib***7/2019 BWV Merica's Birthday ***9/2019 BCV Beer & Wine Festival ***12/2019 VGC*** 3/2020 RCCL Southern Carib

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote