home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-24-2019, 08:30 AM   #1
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Default MVMCP vs. Regular Admission to MK

So, we have a first time ever December trip to. WDW. I am trying my best to circumvent the crowds as much as is feasibly possible. Is it worth it to go to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas party? Or should we use the crowd calendar and pick a lower crowd day and use regular admission?

BWV Dreamin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:16 AM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

December trips are so much fun! Are you going in early or late December? The first 2 weeks of December are usually less crowded, but with the Star Wars invasion, all bets are off this year...
Old 03-24-2019, 09:41 AM   #3
Nickys
Grand Villa

When the parties are on, the non party days are much busier.

A lot of people I know actually choose a party day to go to MK with a regular ticket, as the crowds will be much lower. The only real loss is the fireworks.

On the other hand, IIRC, DVCers were able to enter the park at 2pm last year with a party ticket.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:43 AM   #4
tom82097
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
So, we have a first time ever December trip to. WDW. I am trying my best to circumvent the crowds as much as is feasibly possible. Is it worth it to go to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas party? Or should we use the crowd calendar and pick a lower crowd day and use regular admission?
My experience from last December was that MVMCP was on Friday and Sunday, so we decided it would make sense to go to MK on Saturday. Boy were we wrong.We didn't take in to account that everybody who did not go to those parties was going Saturday night.

We had annual passes so it would have cost us extra for MCMCP. If I was buying regular theme park tickets, I would short them one day and buy tickets to the party.

I did do it once years ago and it is pretty neat. The Christmas parade was my favorite part.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:50 AM   #5
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

We are going 12-8 through 12-13. So second week of December. I am trying to decide if we should go to AK or MK (we are going to go to Epcot for Candlelight Processional dining package) in addition to Epcot. Only 2 parks this trip.

I know MK will be really decorated, so I’m thinking maybe use my one day ticket I just purchased for Epcot and pay the MMVCP ticket price? Or use a NE ticket and go to AK (still have not made it to Pandora). Advice? No MVMCP during the week?

Old 03-24-2019, 10:58 AM   #6
MMC1
Grand Villa

Trying to remember if this is the week they "film" for Christmas TV Specials...
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:59 AM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
We are going 12-8 through 12-13. So second week of December. I am trying to decide if we should go to AK or MK (we are going to go to Epcot for Candlelight Processional dining package) in addition to Epcot. Only 2 parks this trip.

I know MK will be really decorated, so Im thinking maybe use my one day ticket I just purchased for Epcot and pay the MMVCP ticket price? Or use a NE ticket and go to AK (still have not made it to Pandora). Advice? No MVMCP during the week?
The parties are usually Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays. We always go on a Tuesday or Thursday. Tickets are a tiny bit cheaper, and Ive never thought that the crowds were unreasonable. Ive always had great luck riding the rides that we love, and finding great viewing areas for the fireworks and parade. But weve only been doing the Christmas Party since 2011, so we have a different perspective than some of the MO who have done it for years and years.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:21 AM   #8
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
The parties are usually Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays. We always go on a Tuesday or Thursday. Tickets are a tiny bit cheaper, and Ive never thought that the crowds were unreasonable. Ive always had great luck riding the rides that we love, and finding great viewing areas for the fireworks and parade. But weve only been doing the Christmas Party since 2011, so we have a different perspective than some of the MO who have done it for years and years.
Great! I think since weve never did it, and we can spare using a NE ticket, maybe well push AK back...again! Sounds like your the expert! As it gets closer, Ill have to get that viewing area location from you.

Anyone remember a round about price with the DVC discount for MVMCP?

Old 03-24-2019, 11:25 AM   #9
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

I know MK will be really decorated, so Im thinking maybe use my one day ticket I just purchased for Epcot and pay the MMVCP ticket price? Or use a NE ticket and go to AK (still have not made it to Pandora). Advice? No MVMCP during the week?
The parties are busy but they also offer special things that you don't otherwise have such as the Christmas parade and Christmas fireworks. If I ever stop buying these darn ap's my plan will be to use our NE tickets in conjunction with things like the Christmas party or Halloween party if we are there during that time period.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #10
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Great! I think since weve never did it, and we can spare using a NE ticket, maybe well push AK back...again! Sounds like your the expert! As it gets closer, Ill have to get that viewing area location from you.

Anyone remember a round about price with the DVC discount for MVMCP?
It depends, but it seems like the tickets are 94.00pp? I could be wrong about that, though. Weekdays are cheaper than weekends, and the closer you get to the actual holiday, the more the tickets cost.