home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-23-2019, 11:12 PM   #1
mountainjourno
Grand Villa

Default Crazy busy

Seriously...itís nuts here! Iím visiting with my bff from Australia. Yesterday at Animal Kingdom, today at Magic Kingdom. Thankfully we have FastPasses and dining booked (including the meals with seats to Fantasmic, Fantasy Parade, Rivers of Light, and Air Supply). So we have it good. But the wait times for standby have been ridiculous everywhere. I feel sorry for anyone coming that hasnít booked their rides already!

mountainjourno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:15 PM   #2
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Wow!! I know it is spring break week, but i did not realize Disney is popular for spring break...
Old 03-23-2019, 11:18 PM   #3
twingirls
Two Bedroom

We went the 1st week of April a couple years ago and all of Michigan and Indiana were there. It was their spring break. Was not connected to Easter. It was busier than summer but the weather was nicer than summer.
twingirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:19 PM   #4
Sephorin
Two Bedroom

I was there over President's Weekend last month. I was by myself, so it was easier to manage. But my goodness! It was busy! I know a lot of tricks to get onto rides, and I had a good time, but I felt bad for the masses of people roaming aimlessly about.
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:12 AM   #5
bakerworld
Grand Villa

I have to agree that it is a shame for people who are only there once and spend entire days standing in line. That said there are a couple of stand by lines that I really enjoy - the Frozen ride in Norway because it is the only why to see the Sauna and the interactive line of Space Mountain.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:30 AM   #6
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Spring break is always busy, but as with the current trend, the past year has been worse for every week.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:37 AM   #7
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Spring break month or so is always bad. That said ours wasn't as bad as previous years. Due to calendar shifts, we didn't have as many from FL off as usual. Next year it will be. Late Easter/Passover really seem to spread it out longer too.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:35 AM   #8
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
I was there over President's Weekend last month. I was by myself, so it was easier to manage. But my goodness! It was busy! I know a lot of tricks to get onto rides, and I had a good time, but I felt bad for the masses of people roaming aimlessly about.
What tricks? Care to share??
Old 03-24-2019, 11:05 AM   #9
WiltonJohn
Two Bedroom

We were there March 9-15th. It was the most crowded we have ever experienced. Ever.

FOP was running pretty consistent 240 minute stand-by waits day after day at peak.

SMALL WORLD standby AND FP+ lines were absurd!

Wedway People Mover (will always be that name ) had a long line.

best,

............john
Old 03-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #10
TexasChick
Grand Villa

I think that "crazy busy" is going to be the new norm. We went in January 2017, and it was manageable. It wasn't all that busy, but they only had the rides running on half the tracks, so the wait times were the same as when it is busy. Fast-forward to January 2019, and it was crazy busy. I don't know what has happened in the last 2 years, but the crowds were noticeably heavier. I fear this is the new norm. I, for one, will be taking more time in between trips simply because fighting so many people every time we go is a lot. Now that kids are in school, we can't go any random week anymore. It was fun while it lasted, but those off-peak days are done for us for a while.