home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-14-2019, 10:58 PM   #1
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Default Iíve had fun this week, but...

We have decided 4 trips to WDW in 12 months is too much for us. I know a lot of people can do it without WDW getting stale, but I am ďDisneyed outĒ for a while. We wonít be coming back to WDW for almost a year, and Iím ok with that. I think absence will make the heart grow fonder. Weíll be at DL in November, but we havenít been there in 2 years.

Highlights of this trip: Spice Road Table dinner and fireworks, The Boathouse, staying at our first DVC home of VGF again, visiting Disney Springs for the first time since college (itís completely different), staying at Hard Rock Hotel (itís so close to the park)!!! Also, Universal has been crazy busy. Disney wasnít nearly as busy as I was expecting. Itís like all the crazy crowds went to Universal this week. . The weather couldnít have been better for us. We had a great time during spring break, and Iíd highly recommend this time of year for the weather.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:33 PM   #2
Doug Disney
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
We have decided 4 trips to WDW in 12 months is too much for us. I know a lot of people can do it without WDW getting stale, but I am “Disneyed out” for a while. We won’t be coming back to WDW for almost a year, and I’m ok with that. I think absence will make the heart grow fonder. We’ll be at DL in November, but we haven’t been there in 2 years.

Highlights of this trip: Spice Road Table dinner and fireworks, The Boathouse, staying at our first DVC home of VGF again, visiting Disney Springs for the first time since college (it’s completely different), staying at Hard Rock Hotel (it’s so close to the park)!!! Also, Universal has been crazy busy. Disney wasn’t nearly as busy as I was expecting. It’s like all the crazy crowds went to Universal this week. . The weather couldn’t have been better for us. We had a great time during spring break, and I’d highly recommend this time of year for the weather.
About two years ago I had an annual pass and we went five times in one year. I sort of felt the same way that it was getting a little stale when I first got home. But the addict in me longed for Disney after just a few weeks later... Maybe that’s why it is so magical. I’ll be interested to see what you think after a month away from WDW.

We didn’t go back for slightly over a year, but was able to go to Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland in between to satisfy the urge.

I sometimes think it is crazy that I have to wait a whole year to go to WDW, even though some only go once in a lifetime, etc.

Doug Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:15 AM   #3
GoofyCoaster
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Doug nailed it. Similar scenario for me too. Made four trips in a 9 month period with an annual pass and it started to feel a little worn and saccharine. These were all multiday trips with airfare, staying onsite in the bubble.
When I got home I was satisfied with taking a year off. But within weeks the magic was back and I was in trip planning mode and watching YouTube Disney blogs.
GoofyCoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:48 AM   #4
broganmc
Grand Villa

That's why I visit in the spring, in the fall and over New Year's. Nice spring trip is to escape winter. The warm weather in Florida eases my bones. The fall trip is all about the festivals and holidays. And the New Year's trip is to ring in the New Year. I average about 25 days in the Parks a year.

I'll also throw in visits to Universal and SeaWorld When I visit in the spring and fall. Is that over the last two weeks I have alternated Disney one day with a visit to Universal or SeaWorld the next. It gives a good perspective. All though sometimes Disney comes out the worst In the comparison.

Florida March 3-23 (Cypress Harbour 3-16, Bay Lake 17-23)
broganmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:04 AM   #5
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
We have decided 4 trips to WDW in 12 months is too much for us. I know a lot of people can do it without WDW getting stale, but I am ďDisneyed outĒ for a while. We wonít be coming back to WDW for almost a year, and Iím ok with that. I think absence will make the heart grow fonder. Weíll be at DL in November, but we havenít been there in 2 years.

Highlights of this trip: Spice Road Table dinner and fireworks, The Boathouse, staying at our first DVC home of VGF again, visiting Disney Springs for the first time since college (itís completely different), staying at Hard Rock Hotel (itís so close to the park)!!! Also, Universal has been crazy busy. Disney wasnít nearly as busy as I was expecting. Itís like all the crazy crowds went to Universal this week. . The weather couldnít have been better for us. We had a great time during spring break, and Iíd highly recommend this time of year for the weather.
We go for a long trip in the summer, and that is when we spend more resort time than park time, If we go for food and wine we only go into epcot for food and wine and that is only for two days, I love Christmas/NYE there - if we can get there after christmas we do, love WL or CCV for the decorations, so we usually go 1 to 3 times.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:16 AM   #6
TexasChick
Grand Villa

We were trying to make the most of our APís by going this much this year. DH and I talked about it, and I think the issue is the lack of any new rides between the last trip and this trip. The new HP roller coaster wonít open until June, SWL isnít open until later this year, etc. The June trip was fun because we hadnít been to WDW in about a year and a half and tried a bunch of new restaurants and went to MM at TL. October was great because it was our first F&W trip. January was just my mom, my sister, and our kids and was fun. This trip was just too close to the January trip with no new rides. We did experience TOTWL, The Boathouse, DS, and HRH for the first time. Maybe a week is too long for us too. We have had a lot of fun, but weíre ready to sleep in until 8am at home!
Old 03-15-2019, 08:08 AM   #7
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

We did an AP this year for our first and probably last time. DW and DS14 are more Disneyed out than I am. We did a trip in October, another at NYE and will do one more before it expires next October. Worked out well since Star Wars land will be open so weíll have something new to see.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:14 AM   #8
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Crowds were as expected for us, but we've done spring break before. This isn't like the Easter/Passover weeks so busy but not crazy.

Were you up and out early daily? We don't rush out which helps us enjoy longer weeks.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:41 AM   #9
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
We were trying to make the most of our APís by going this much this year. DH and I talked about it, and I think the issue is the lack of any new rides between the last trip and this trip. The new HP roller coaster wonít open until June, SWL isnít open until later this year, etc. The June trip was fun because we hadnít been to WDW in about a year and a half and tried a bunch of new restaurants and went to MM at TL. October was great because it was our first F&W trip. January was just my mom, my sister, and our kids and was fun. This trip was just too close to the January trip with no new rides. We did experience TOTWL, The Boathouse, DS, and HRH for the first time. Maybe a week is too long for us too. We have had a lot of fun, but weíre ready to sleep in until 8am at home!
We visit one to two times a year, thats it. I think it keeps it fresh this way. We only visit one park a trip ( except this Christmas trip twice). I think that also keeps it fresh and tolerable with the crowds. We love the pools, relax ( yes possible at Disney) and take Viator trips to places around Orlando.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:08 AM   #10
swat08
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Disney View Post
About two years ago I had an annual pass and we went five times in one year. I sort of felt the same way that it was getting a little stale when I first got home. But the addict in me longed for Disney after just a few weeks later... Maybe thatís why it is so magical. Iíll be interested to see what you think after a month away from WDW.

We didnít go back for slightly over a year, but was able to go to Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland in between to satisfy the urge.

I sometimes think it is crazy that I have to wait a whole year to go to WDW, even though some only go once in a lifetime, etc.

Totally agree!! I find it difficult to wait a year in between trips.
swat08 is offline   Reply With Quote