home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you plan to buy points at Disney's Riviera Resort?
I am still considering purchasing Riviera directly from Disney despite the restrictions. 19 9.27%
I don't know what I am going to do because of the restrictions. 8 3.90%
I was considering buying Riviera directly, but I will not buy now direct or resale. 15 7.32%
I was considering buying Riviera directly, but now I plan to buy via resale if the price is right. 10 4.88%
I was always planning on buying Riviera via resale, and I still plan on it. 2 0.98%
I was not planning to buy Riviera direct or resale and still don't plan on it. 151 73.66%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2019, 10:47 AM   #1
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Default Poll: Riviera Resort: Who's Planning to Purchase?

Well, my last poll had me thinking about doing another one. DVC has confirmed that they have rolled out more restrictions on resale starting with on January 19, 2019 which mostly impacts resales at Riviera. In a nutshell, if you buy Disney's newest DVC resort, Riviera, via resale, then you will not have any of the perks that were previously taken away in addition to a new restriction where those resale Riviera points can only be used at Riviera. In other words, you can no longer book at any other resort than Riviera at 7 months if you buy Riviera points via resale. Who's buying and who's passing?!? I know the cost and points charts make a huge difference, but this poll is about what you are considering before those bits of information are released.

***These results are anonymous, so please answer honestly with no fear of repercussions.

Last edited by TexasChick; 01-31-2019 at 11:01 AM.
TexasChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:49 AM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Passing - but I have no need for more points right now. I also am not sure I'd want a home with gondolas (height thing) so I need to test that all out.

If I buy more it will likely be resale and it would be for cabin/bungalow stays more often as well as doing winter stays as I get older. We're tapped out right now though.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:52 AM   #3
Fiveresorts
Two Bedroom

We are buying. But I don't see the poll. See the poll now and have voted.

Last edited by Fiveresorts; 01-31-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Fiveresorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:56 AM   #4
FessParker1
Grand Villa

No thanks we will pass and keep looking at other resorts.
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:59 AM   #5
TexasChick
Grand Villa

I was tweaking the possible responses. Poll has been posted.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:03 AM   #6
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

I didn’t see a “you couldn’t give me the darned thing because I would still have to pay yearly MF’s” response, so I just voted no interest.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:03 AM   #7
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I didn’t see a “you couldn’t give me the darned thing because I would still have to pay yearly MF’s” response, so I just voted no interest.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:05 AM   #8
Ransom
Grand Villa

My wife and I aren't fans of tower resorts, so we were never interested in Riviera.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:05 AM   #9
Oh_Joy!
Studio

Passing. I'm not wowed by the pictures of the villas. I don't need more points. And the resale restrictions are a huge negative. Not only am I not buying, I'm not banging the drum for DVC any more, either.
Oh_Joy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:07 AM   #10
Lucky214
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We are still considering buying, despite the restrictions. The amount I am willing to spend may have dropped a little due to the new restrictions. Possibly a $20k purchase instead of $25k. It all depends on the point chart and price now. I need to add enough for another week every 3 years and it will either be Riviera direct or BLT resale. I am hoping the sample room is open in late March when we are there.