home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-21-2019, 02:49 PM   #1
JPO
One Bedroom

Default Skippers?

Any thoughts on this place for dinner? Forgot to book early for Valentines Day. We’re at MK not many other option now.
JPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 03:30 PM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

We love it there! There are some more quiet areas than others too. The food and service is great. Not lovey dovey romantic as there are a lot of little sly jokes brought in but it's over all fantastic to eat there.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:31 PM   #3
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

We really enjoyed it. Atmosphere and food. Only warning is food can be spicey (which we like but DDs were a bit spices out).

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:10 PM   #4
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

We've eaten there twice. The food is really good!

PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:24 PM   #5
EEGRAM
Grand Villa

Been there once. Thought it was a good. Loved the atmosphere. No complaints from me.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:26 PM   #6
cw62803
One Bedroom

I had one of the most disappointing meals I've ever had at WDW at Skippers. The service was friendly and the decor was amusing, but the food was awful. I won't be back. There are only three restaurants in all of WDW that I won't go to again: Skippers, Pinocchio's Village Haus, and La Cantina de San Angel. For all three, my issue is low quality food.
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:30 PM   #7
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

I've only been once and it was December 2017, so i don't know if anything has changed -- but we were not impressed with the food. It was the worst steak I've gotten on property by a mile.

Service was excellent though! Our server did great with the kids and was good about getting things out quickly when we told him the youngest would likely blow up at some point (she was 18 months old and was a ticking time bomb after 40 mins). I can't remember exactly what he did, but he brought out some things for the kids to keep them more occupied (might have given them complimentary light up things?).
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:33 PM   #8
cvjw
Grand Villa

Probably eaten there 6 or 7 times now. Tried almost all the appetizers, entrees and desserts. Keep going back hoping it will get better. It hasn’t.

Like the actual restaurant and always have great servers, but the food just underwhelmes. Not terrible, just not very good.

We have finally crossed it off our dining list. Everyone in my family is in agreement on this.

I think there is a reason it is usually available last minute when everything else is booked
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:38 PM   #9
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I had one of the worst meals I've ever had in WDW at Skipper's. It was right after it opened and I should probably give it another try, but the menu doesn't appeal to me anyway. I would rather have cheeseburger eggrolls or a pork belly burger than waste my time and money at Skipper's. Decor is nice though.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
Thinnly Veiled Excuse...
Turf and Surf and Turf
Sun, Sea, and Romance-Once Upon a Fantasy
Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular & NYE 17-18
The Fall of Disney 17
A Tale of Two Views 17
Back in the S.S.R. 17
Uni Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 16
Spring Surprise 16
NYE in the World 15-16

Coming up...
3/2019 AoA The Smithereens***5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-PVB Western Carib***7/2019 BWV Merica's Birthday ***9/2019 BCV Beer & Wine Festival ***12/2019 VGC*** 3/2020 RCCL Southern Carib

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:48 PM   #10
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPO View Post
Any thoughts on this place for dinner? Forgot to book early for Valentines Day. We’re at MK not many other option now.
I always read people love it there.

We will give it another go eventually. Maybe just our luck?
But ... it’s not a intimate experience if that is what you are looking for.

We dined there once and it wasn’t a good experience.
We waited long even with a reservation. We had a server who never checked back on us...and we had annoying people sitting next to us. Just a bad day?

We had one of the wall bench seating areas with chairs on the other side.
Elbow to elbow with the party next to us we were.
The family next to us had a unhappy child lying on the bench kicking my DH the whole time. Parents were oblivious even when we mentioned it.
Probably the only meal we never finished at a Disney Park/ resort.
When our sever finally came back, we paid and left. Never finished our food, did not enjoy our plates.
I hate being so negative, but it was the experience we had.
Eventually we will give it another try.
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote