home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-16-2019, 11:17 PM   #1
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Default Boat to MK from CCV

How long is the boat ride from CCV to MK? We stayed a night there over Christmas week but never made it to MK from there. Is the boat direct from there to MK? Also how long does it take to get to BLT and GFV from there.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:25 PM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Boat ride to MK is direct. Never timed it but would guess 10 minutes?

There is another route that will take you to Contemporary and Ft, Wilderness. I'd use that one to get to BLT. Unless wanting to do a monorail ride or cannot use small boats, I'd boat over to MK then change to the GF boat to get there. Add in another 20 mins or so that way.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:19 AM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

The boat ride itself is less than 10 minutes but there's loading, unloading and of course the wait for the boat - as occurs with all transportation.

The resort loop runs 2 boats opposite directions between WL/CR/FW If you get on the loop heading directly to BLT it's 5 minutes tops with loading/unloading. If you get on the opposite loop you'd go to FW and then to BLT - probably 15 minutes or so.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:39 AM   #4
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
The boat ride itself is less than 10 minutes but there's loading, unloading and of course the wait for the boat - as occurs with all transportation.

The resort loop runs 2 boats opposite directions between WL/CR/FW If you get on the loop heading directly to BLT it's 5 minutes tops with loading/unloading. If you get on the opposite loop you'd go to FW and then to BLT - probably 15 minutes or so.
So there are three boats at CCV?
Old 01-17-2019, 12:51 AM   #5
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

I would say 5-8 minutes? Easy peasy. If there’s a line then more.

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:20 AM   #6
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
The operate 2 boats most times of the day between CCV and MK. They operate 2 boats on the resort loop (CCV/CR/FW). So technically 4 are usually somewhere along the routes serving the resort. Between the resorts they use little launches that you cannot take an ECV. The use the small launches to MK too but pull in a larger boat - that used to be only at busy times like park closing but it accommodates ECV's so perhaps they use it more frequently now.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:31 AM   #7
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
There are two types of routes. The resort loop loads at the same location. You can always ask the captain which way the resort one is going, but IMO there is no need to wait for the next as the ride from Ft Wilderness to Contemporary isn't that long.

They have more than one boat going each circuit though.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:00 AM   #8
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
The operate 2 boats most times of the day between CCV and MK. They operate 2 boats on the resort loop (CCV/CR/FW). So technically 4 are usually somewhere along the routes serving the resort. Between the resorts they use little launches that you cannot take an ECV. The use the small launches to MK too but pull in a larger boat - that used to be only at busy times like park closing but it accommodates ECV's so perhaps they use it more frequently now.
I will be at CCV with my older sister who needs a ECV. Do you mean she can only use the boats that go to MK? We wanted to ride the monorail so our best option is to go to MK then take the monorail from there?

I guess we could take a bus to Epcot then ride both monorails. We are not doing parks, so we have time to ride Disney transportation. But she specifically asked about riding the monorail.

BLT
BWV
CCV
Redhead58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:51 AM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead58 View Post
I will be at CCV with my older sister who needs a ECV. Do you mean she can only use the boats that go to MK? We wanted to ride the monorail so our best option is to go to MK then take the monorail from there?

I guess we could take a bus to Epcot then ride both monorails. We are not doing parks, so we have time to ride Disney transportation. But she specifically asked about riding the monorail.
The small boats do not handle an ECV, so yes, take the larger launch to MK and go from there. Sometimes they use the small boats for MK, but if they do the next one along should get you to MK. I am not sure taking a bus to Epcot just to ride the monorail would be worth it to me even if you aren't doing parks.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:59 AM   #10
PrincipalTinker
Studio

There was a report yesterday that two of the three boats that are handicap accessible were out of service. I do not think it is a common problem, but something you should watch.
PrincipalTinker is offline   Reply With Quote