home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 01-13-2019, 05:01 PM   #1
disneyridleys
Grand Villa
 
disneyridleys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,705
Default Mickey Ice Cream bars to be sold in grocery stores?!

A friend sent me a link to a story that Disney will be selling Mickey bars in grocery stores!
My DH says now we don't need DVC anymore if we can get them at home...
https://wset.com/news/offbeat/you-wi...ice-cream-bars
disneyridleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:08 PM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 33,324
Default

Tell Ron bah humbug.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:25 PM   #3
disneyridleys
Grand Villa
 
disneyridleys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Tell Ron bah humbug.
Right?! He just doesn't get it...smh...
disneyridleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:53 PM   #4
chunter
Two Bedroom
 
chunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 687
Default

seems like a lose-lose. They seem more special when you're in the park, surrounded by millions of dollars worth of complimentary surroundings. I don't think they'll be as attractive at home in your grocery store.
Also, seeing them at grocery stores will make them that less special at the parks.
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:11 PM   #5
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
seems like a lose-lose. They seem more special when you're in the park, surrounded by millions of dollars worth of complimentary surroundings. I don't think they'll be as attractive at home in your grocery store.
Also, seeing them at grocery stores will make them that less special at the parks.
I believe my DH will disagree with those statements! If we see them we shall buy them and he will eat them. He also will eat them in the parks.

They're a limited time item anyway.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:14 PM   #6
Dana
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,384
Default

Can't wait!
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:30 PM   #7
cw62803
One Bedroom
 
cw62803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 419
Default

A grocery store in Connecticut sells Dole Whips. I love them, but won't buy one out of principle.
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:37 PM   #8
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I believe my DH will disagree with those statements! If we see them we shall buy them and he will eat them. He also will eat them in the parks.

They're a limited time item anyway.
Mine has already cleared a spot in our upright freezer for his beloved Mickey bars. Hes very excited about this! And yes, he will still eat them in the parks.

Question... Do they have Mickey bars on the cruise ships? Please say yes...
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:45 PM   #9
bigbahamadada
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Mine has already cleared a spot in our upright freezer for his beloved Mickey bars. Hes very excited about this! And yes, he will still eat them in the parks.

Question... Do they have Mickey bars on the cruise ships? Please say yes...
Free Mickey Bars on DCL. You can get them in sit-down restaurants and room service. Free Mickey bars on demand . . . . love it.
bigbahamadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:08 PM   #10
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbahamadada View Post
Free Mickey Bars on DCL. You can get them in sit-down restaurants and room service. Free Mickey bars on demand . . . . love it.
Thank you!!! DH says Awe H***! I think hes actually starting to look forward to this cruise!
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 PM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software