home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-11-2019, 04:58 PM   #1
sawickipedia
One Bedroom

Default Who besides me ran out and got a contract into ROFR before the 1/19 deadline?

LOL we found a loaded BVW contract and pulled the trigger #Addonitis strikes again
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:59 PM   #2
Aseni
Studio

We are trying for our first. Papers signed yesterday submitted to Disney today.
Bay lake towers! 50 points. But not getting my hopes up Been reading that they have been buying back!
Aseni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:00 PM   #3
Crafty
Grand Villa

We had a contract in ROFR before this news broke. We would still like to buy it. It is for OKW, where its hard to buy, so we are not optimistic. Hopeful but not optimistic.

The speed and negativity of all the new changes has cured our addonitis. If anything we will sell two of our contracts. We will keep OKW because we really like to stay there. That would decrease our points by about 2/3. It will be safer financially and leave $$ to vacation elsewhere.
Crafty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:08 PM   #4
Aseni
Studio

From my understanding is Bay Lake is going up to $225 a point on January 16.

So for my contract was $144pp for 50 points. Itís probably not going to end well
For us.
Aseni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #5
BobParr
One Bedroom

It would actually make sense for Disney to exercise ROFR on every contract between now and the 19th. Thereís no way they would lose money, they would simply build up a small amount of inventory while increasing demand for direct purchases that donít carry the restrictions of the post 19th resales.
BobParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:27 PM   #6
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
We had a contract in ROFR before this news broke. We would still like to buy it. It is for OKW, where its hard to buy,
I didn't realize OKW was hard to buy? My ears perked up...we have two contracts there and hope to add another within a couple years. Kinda shocked at prices lately, though, but I guess that's a good thing.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:14 PM   #7
EEGRAM
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobParr View Post
It would actually make sense for Disney to exercise ROFR on every contract between now and the 19th. Thereís no way they would lose money, they would simply build up a small amount of inventory while increasing demand for direct purchases that donít carry the restrictions of the post 19th resales.
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:22 PM   #8
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
I didn't realize OKW was hard to buy? My ears perked up...we have two contracts there and hope to add another within a couple years. Kinda shocked at prices lately, though, but I guess that's a good thing.
The problem is that Disney takes the contracts at an alarming rate. OKW seems to draw the ROFR people like a magnet.

We found this cheaper one at Fidelity, but it wonít do us any good if we donít get it.

Are you a fellow OKW lover? It is always our first choice resort. We love the ambiance and the big rooms.
Crafty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:37 PM   #9
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

All of these changes have actually made me tap the brakes. Iím not liking the direction DVC is headed. They do not seem to care about their members at this point.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:03 PM   #10
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
All of these changes have actually made me tap the brakes. Iím not liking the direction DVC is headed. They do not seem to care about their members at this point.
Same here. Iím getting a remodeled bathroom instead.