home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-03-2019, 07:12 PM   #1
ziravan
Two Bedroom

Default Nobody able to book Values Dec, ‘19; Jan ‘20

About 6 nights ago, a weird thing started happening.

Starting on availability for Dec 2nd for concierge studios and Dec 3rd for Value studios, days started to be missing to book and these were ahead of dates dates that WERE available ahead of the 11 month window.

That’s not supposed to happen; indeed the foundation for walking is that once you secure a date at or ahead of the 11 month window, you “hold” the room.

Dates started to show back up for concierge 5 nights later, starting with the 7th, but still not for Value.

If you were walking Value studios before today, you ran into a fence today, no dates to extend past today avail.

But. Starting today, nobody was able to book Value Studios and there no opening to do so for the whole week. Those rooms aren’t being held by walkers. Nobody was able to book them.

Value studios have been taken out of 11 month availability for Dec 2019.

Last edited by ziravan; 02-01-2019 at 05:10 PM.
ziravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:22 PM   #2
poster44
Two Bedroom

I noticed that, too. I am trying to book at BWV, but Jambo is one of my Home Resorts and I have been looking at all of my Home Resrts for possible options. Wonder if this is DVC’s way to stop the walkers? Would that work?
poster44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:25 PM   #3
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

I knew something was up with the Jambo Values!!!
I was on before and after 8am checking availability on 12/1 and I couldn’t get any value unit to show availability in a logical way. If the studios were gone, the 1 bedrooms should have had something and it was weird.
I checked all sizes and what was unavailable could not have been due to walking.
I kept refreshing thinking my internet was slow!!
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:34 PM   #4
ziravan
Two Bedroom

The booking tool adds the next day (the 7th day ahead of the 11 month window) at midnight. You can see that day starting at midnight but can’t book it until 8 am.

Even if the rooms were all booked by walkers, there’s an 8 hr window each day where the 7th day out would be avail from midnight to 8 because it shows up on the calendar at midnight but can’t be booked until 8 am.

That’s not happening. The value studio rooms are showing up all gone at midnight, hours before walkers could even book them at 11 months + 7 nights.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:57 PM   #5
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Did anyone called MS for explanation?

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:31 PM   #6
ggatorgirl
Two Bedroom

I noticed this starting last week as I was walking. Managed to talk to a supervisor in MS who put me on hold for several minutes and came back to say that she talked to someone at Jambo who told her the values and Concierge were taken out of serivce for 'rehab' Didn't fully believe her, but at least I think she honestly told me what she was told.

Funny thing is the Concierge studios are showing as available again (but not bookable) starting on the 7th.

HMMM!??

Last edited by ggatorgirl; 01-03-2019 at 09:23 PM. Reason: changed date to 7th
ggatorgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:43 PM   #7
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggatorgirl View Post
I noticed this starting last week as I was walking. Managed to talk to a supervisor in MS who put me on hold for several minutes and came back to say that she talked to someone at Jambo who told her the values and Concierge were taken out of serivce for 'rehab' Didn't fully believe her, but at least I think she honestly told me what she was told.

Funny thing is the Concierge studios are showing as available again (but not bookable) starting on the 5th.

HMMM!??
I don't buy that for a minute, I would be calling back if I were interested!
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:44 PM   #8
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Funny thing is the Concierge studios are showing as available again (but not bookable) starting on the 5th.

HMMM!??
If their data doesn't show them that it is the most popular DVC week for booking then we can't count on them to calculate anything out.

Taken out for rehab - ridiculous.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:57 PM   #9
Djohn06
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
I knew something was up with the Jambo Values!!!
I was on before and after 8am checking availability on 12/1 and I couldn’t get any value unit to show availability in a logical way. If the studios were gone, the 1 bedrooms should have had something and it was weird.
I checked all sizes and what was unavailable could not have been due to walking.
I kept refreshing thinking my internet was slow!!
Checked value studios 4 days in a row at 8am beginning Nov 30 and thought the same thing.

So all values are down for rehab?

Djohn06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:00 PM   #10
ziravan
Two Bedroom

Quote:

HMMM!??
So your walk got interrupted?