home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-02-2019, 12:51 PM   #1
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Default $19+ for 2019 points at premium resorts: who's with me?

i'm not eating the increase in mf's without a fight.

we certainly won't get it if we don't ask for it.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:03 PM   #2
Angel1123
One Bedroom

Ive been working on renting my 750pts for this year so we can go to Europe this fall for our anniversary trip. Replied to several rent ads on here and no one wants to pay more than $15. Id love to get $19 but having no takers at even $16.50.
Angel1123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:10 PM   #3
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel1123 View Post
I’ve been working on renting my 750pts for this year so we can go to Europe this fall for our anniversary trip. Replied to several rent ads on here and no one wants to pay more than $15. I’d love to get $19 but having no takers at even $16.50.
are these premium resort points or okw, ssr, vb, and hh? i don't think the latter will pull $19/point (unless one uses these points to book nice premium resort ressies at seven months...harder and harder to do).

i'm almost certain most of the other resorts now will now command this as availability, particularly for studios, will be high. somebody has to eat the increased mf, should be renters.

Last edited by DVCERSINCEDAY1; 01-02-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:20 PM   #4
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

I am not sure what you are hoping for... a revolt on here is unlikely to change the rates.

It's all supply and demand. Since you tend to book prime weeks for rental you may get $19. Not sure that's going to happen with everyone renting.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:24 PM   #5
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
I am not sure what you are hoping for... a revolt on here is unlikely to change the rates.

It's all supply and demand. Since you tend to book prime weeks for rental you may get $19. Not sure that's going to happen with everyone renting.
a revolt? nope, just wondering what folks are thinking about this and if it's consistent with my thinking.

i got $17.75 to $22/point for some nice studio ressies (week long) with my 2018 points, $19/point is not out of line. i understand the concept of price and demand and also the concept of charging what the market will bear.

Last edited by DVCERSINCEDAY1; 01-02-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:33 PM   #6
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I don't rent but I see a small issue for renters coming up. MFs are up and people will want more to cover. The amounts for studios in 2020 will be up. People renting will not want to cover those... what to do? Not picking on people but I've been thinking about this. The value of renting may be going down in this next year...
Old 01-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #7
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I don't rent but I see a small issue for renters coming up. MFs are up and people will want more to cover. The amounts for studios in 2020 will be up. People renting will not want to cover those... what to do? Not picking on people but I've been thinking about this. The value of renting may be going down in this next year...
could happen. thankfully, i have sold off about 1/2 of my points in the last year. will continue to sell off this year if renters don't absorb the increased costs. my use year is december and that has always been the best rental month for me. i'll know by june or so if i will put the rest of my points on the market. that's always an option for owners who rent.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #8
KyleG
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I am with you, but I don't have a lot of points to rent so won't have much of an impact. I got $14 a point for a 150 point rental I booked in October '18, now I regret it. But renting some points was a condition for my wife agreeing to add 75 direct points to get the blue card benefits. We rented the '18 and '19 points to help ease the extra cost of buying direct. The $0.68 dues increase at AKV definitely would discourage me from renting in the future until rates go up. Hopefully I can just use all my points though and not have to worry about renting!
KyleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:11 PM   #9
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

What are the brokers charging per point for premium resorts ? Prices seem to follow the brokers rate.

The main advantage of renting directly from an owner rather than a broker was a lower price per point and personal service.
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:14 PM   #10
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
What are the brokers charging per point for premium resorts ? Prices seem to follow the brokers rate.

The main advantage of renting directly from an owner rather than a broker was a lower price per point and personal service.
the main advantage of booking with an owner is availability at premium resorts. i am not the only owner who has been successful in getting more than broker retail. the number of owners willing to take $14/point from brokers for these points will be down with the mf's increase.