home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-24-2018, 02:39 PM   #1
cornbread4
One Bedroom

Default 2020 Point Reallocation - Updated: Revised back to 2019

Looks like 2020 point charts are out and there are some per night rebalancing across the different seasons of plus or minus 1 to 3 points or so. This article only looks at one resort, but all the 2020 charts are up on the dvc site for review.

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/other-...ocation-part-1

Last edited by carolina_yankee; 02-10-2019 at 08:08 AM.
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 09:53 AM   #2
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I checked my two resorts.

CCV shows a decrease for 3 bedrooms and cabins at the expense of the other categories - usually 1-2 points per night.

SSR shows a dramatic increase, sometimes as much as 3 points. What I can't figure out is why every single option in every single season went up? I thought to balance it they would have to have decreases as well as increases.

The only decrease I could find on the chart after a quick scan was Dream Season, 2 Bedroom, Premium View, weeknight - down 1 point. They can't have that much inventory to allow for dramatic rises for every other option across the board.

SSR 2019

SSR 2020

I predict some howling down the road. Studios certainly seem to be hard hit, and we know how people love the cheap studios.

(Disclosure: We have always stayed in studios, but we're an adult couple just happy to have accommodations. We can still stay the number of nights we always have, but it's getting tighter.)

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:14 AM   #3
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

I saw something on FB saying it was an article about the validity of the 2020 point chart increases so I am guessing there is some hubub about it. I haven't really looked into my resorts...I may do that now. Really curious about HHI weekends versus weekdays as I followed all year and weekdays were always booked up leaving the high point weekends open so I think they needed a slight reallocation to make weekends more desirable. Maybe they don't want or need to (maybe they book up via CRO).

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Aug 27-31 HHI / Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / June 4-10, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & Sept 4, 2021 NCL Pride of America
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:17 AM   #4
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

i looked just at the first week in december at bcv, bwv, akv, and brv.

for most, the week in a studio went up seven points compared to 2018.

studios are taking the hit, as (i guess) they should.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:34 AM   #5
GrumpyInPhilly
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I checked my two resorts.

CCV shows a decrease for 3 bedrooms and cabins at the expense of the other categories - usually 1-2 points per night.

SSR shows a dramatic increase, sometimes as much as 3 points. What I can't figure out is why every single option in every single season went up? I thought to balance it they would have to have decreases as well as increases.

The only decrease I could find on the chart after a quick scan was Dream Season, 2 Bedroom, Premium View, weeknight - down 1 point. They can't have that much inventory to allow for dramatic rises for every other option across the board.

SSR 2019

SSR 2020

I predict some howling down the road. Studios certainly seem to be hard hit, and we know how people love the cheap studios.

(Disclosure: We have always stayed in studios, but we're an adult couple just happy to have accommodations. We can still stay the number of nights we always have, but it's getting tighter.)

Dirk
There's been quite a bit of howling on the other board the past couple of days regarding the point reallocation. Seems as if DVCMC has figured out a way to get more breakage income from the charts by raising point requirements on both studio and 1BR stays.
GrumpyInPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:52 AM   #6
Djohn06
Grand Villa

The one bedroom increases are still a head scratcher. They were always the last to book, yet they have increased. Many two bedrooms have decreased making them much better values.

For us, it means more two bedroom stays for our family of four. Which means we can bring more friends and family.

I will adjust and accept this as a win.

Djohn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:57 AM   #7
Princess Mom
Studio

This is exactly our reaction. As a 1 bedroom family, switching to a 2 bedroom and bringing grandparents is a no brainer. I anticipate the 2 bedrooms to be hot hot hot at BLT standard and BWV standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djohn06 View Post
The one bedroom increases are still a head scratcher. They were always the last to book, yet they have increased. Many two bedrooms have decreased making them much better values.

For us, it means more two bedroom stays for our family of four. Which means we can bring more friends and family.

Princess Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 12:22 PM   #8
GrumpyInPhilly
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djohn06 View Post

Us as well.
GrumpyInPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 12:40 PM   #9
KurtBeckySugg
One Bedroom

So what do you think this means? However, members may still end up paying more points per night for many stays, due to something called a "lockoff premium."
Old 12-25-2018, 12:55 PM   #10
mountainjourno
Grand Villa

Would the extra day (Feb 29) factor in much?

mountainjourno is online now   Reply With Quote