home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-05-2018, 10:45 AM   #1
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Default Solo trip, no parks

I am going to CCV in early October for only two nights. I am considering the Highway in the Sky dining event, if available. Any other suggestions for non park activities? I want a relaxing two days to unwind. I have never stayed at the Winderness lodge before so any advice is appreciated.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:06 AM   #2
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Maybe tea at the GF one afternoon.

Or bike rentals from one of these spots: Caribbean Beach Resort, Old Key West Resort, Port Orleans Resort , Saratoga Springs, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness Resort

Carriage ride at Port Orleans

Shop at GF and go to Minzers lounge for a drink then take the monorail over to the bar at the Poly for another drink

And the boat rental options sound fun. You can rent a little sea racer for about $30 per half hour and DVC members get a discount as well.

Kayak or canoe rental at Fort Wilderness.

Top of the World lounge for fireworks and delicious chocolate / caramel cake!!!

Have fun!

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS21 DD15

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:11 AM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead58 View Post
I am going to CCV in early October for only two nights. I am considering the Highway in the Sky dining event, if available. Any other suggestions for non park activities? I want a relaxing two days to unwind. I have never stayed at the Winderness lodge before so any advice is appreciated.

Pool time, ToWL for fireworks and nite cap, Go to Disney Springs, Ride the many modes of WDW transportation, mini-golf, Geyser Point, spa day at senses (grand floridian)
Old 12-05-2018, 03:04 PM   #4
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Great suggestions! I appreciate the ideas.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:12 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Quite honestly, you have picked a perfect resort to relax and unwind! Order something yummy from Geyser point and take it to one of the tables by the lake. Then just sit back and watch the world go by! Youíll already be on property, so take one of the cabin tours if you havenít done that. Leave your check book in the room for the tour!
Book a spa treatment at GF, or just a massage at WL.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:13 PM   #6
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Quite honestly, you have picked a perfect resort to relax and unwind! Order something yummy from Geyser point and take it to one of the tables by the lake. Then just sit back and watch the world go by! Youíll already be on property, so take one of the cabin tours if you havenít done that. Leave your check book in the room for the tour!
Book a spa treatment at GF, or just a massage at WL.
Sounds lovely! WL has a massage service?
Old 12-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Sounds lovely! WL has a massage service?
I havenít used them myself, but I believe that they offer massages, just not a full service spa.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #8
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Iíd always recommend an afternoon/evening at the Grand Floridian lobby (or Miznerís of course) listening to the orchestra and piano player.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:55 PM   #9
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

I went over to CBR one day (getting from resort to resort by the Disney bus system took time, but it was fine for me). First I ate in the food court, then I went out to their little island in back where they had hammocks, and I spent some time just lying, swinging, in the hammock. This was about 5 years ago, so I don't know if it's available now.
Also, over at AKL there are several free events, and you don't have to be a guest to partake in them. At around 4:00, there's a walking tour of Boma and Jiko (with free samples), around that time there's a tour of Sanaa, there's a lobby tour at Kidani, there's a sunset campfire with a storyteller, a cultural representative talking about his country in the evening. You can call the front desk to check on exact times, or have the lobby concierge at CCV do it.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:18 PM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Specific to WL is the Hidden Mickey hunt (it's kind of fun) and there is also the Wonders of the Wilderness Lodge tour that is free.

Geyser Point is great. Ask for a table by the water and enjoy a meal or two there.