home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-05-2018, 10:24 AM   #1
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Default What annoys you the most about the parks

https://www.disneyfanatic.com/15-thi...e-disney-fans/

I saw this and my first thought was I had not thought of most of them .

I suppose the crowds annoy me the most. Ofcourse I am adding to the crowd. I never seem to connect myself as part of the crowds.😏

Entitlement in action I guess.
Shewill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:33 AM   #2
OffToTheMouse
One Bedroom

Line cutters: 1-2 people going to the bathroom is ok. But when you have a family of 5 pushing thru to mom who is saving a spot really gets me. Only once have I ever seen a cast member intervene and correct the situation. And I am sure they were politely removed from the line and handed fast passes for later to keep them quiet.
OffToTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:36 AM   #3
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

The crowds do annoy me too. And the long lines. One of my biggest annoyances is having to go through security at Magic Kingdom when I am only using it as a transportation hub, and not going into the park. It didn’t used to be this way but when you get off the TT&TC ferry boat, you need to go through security before getting on the monorail. I like to ride that ferry sometimes, or a resort boat, just because it’s a pretty day and I am not doing parks, or am done with parks.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:56 AM   #4
bubster
Grand Villa

Of course the crowds annoy me but not as much as the fact that so many people think they have to carry in everything they own in backpacks. Makes the lines at security a nightmare. I hate the backpacks.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:58 AM   #5
Angel1123
One Bedroom

1. Rude, entitled guests
Once I saw a gentleman tell his 7-8yo son to throw his trash on the ground because there’s people whose job is to pick up after them
2. Parents who push their kids past the point of meltdown and yell at the kid when it happens
3. People who throw f bombs out there and curse as their normal conversation and there are small kids around
4. Line cutters
5. Those that jump right in front of you during the fireworks when you’ve been holding your spot for an hour and then throws their iPad right in front of your view

The ironic thing is that we see all these behaviors come from one person/family
Angel1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:14 AM   #6
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel1123 View Post
1. Rude, entitled guests
Once I saw a gentleman tell his 7-8yo son to throw his trash on the ground because there’s people whose job is to pick up after them
2. Parents who push their kids past the point of meltdown and yell at the kid when it happens
3. People who throw f bombs out there and curse as their normal conversation and there are small kids around
4. Line cutters
5. Those that jump right in front of you during the fireworks when you’ve been holding your spot for an hour and then throws their iPad right in front of your view

The ironic thing is that we see all these behaviors come from one person/family
I must have witnessed at least a half dozen instances of parent meltdown last month. One instance that really frightened me for the children because the father was so angry and seemed to be escalating. I understand that people work very hard to make these “magical” experiences for their families. But the magic disappears when you tell a child that “we will just fly home tomorrow, then. Because you don’t deserve to be here.”
Take a Xanax, take a nap, take an anger management seminar. But don’t take it out on your kids!

And yes, iPhones/tablets blocking your view during fireworks or parades are hugely annoying!
Old 12-05-2018, 11:19 AM   #7
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

The guests that just stop in the middle of the walkway/path. Seriously, move off to the side to have your family meeting.

Guests who are rude to CMs. There is no need to holler, belittle or badger the CMs....they are just doing their job.

Guests who bring their "service" pets to the parks. Why do people insist on bringing their dogs to the parks? You people have an issue......get some real friends.

Guests who line crash and parade/firework viewing cut. Please don't shove your kid in front of me. Please don't try and stand in front of my wife who is sitting in a chair/scooter and has been waiting 30 minutes. Please don't try and "back in" to get in front of my family.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:21 AM   #8
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Take a Xanax, take a nap, take an anger management seminar. But don’t take it out on your kids!

Our family motto for Disney trips.......Naps are your friends! All the kids know it, live it and accept it as part of the daily Disney routine.

Last edited by tomandrobin; 12-05-2018 at 11:37 AM.
tomandrobin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:25 AM   #9
Joeli
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Our family motto for Disney trips.......Naps are your friends! Al the kids know it, live it and accept it as part of the daily Disney routine.

Upcoming:
Jun 2019 - BWV
Mar 2019 - PVB
Feb 2019 - BRV
Jan 2019 - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea

Done:
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:40 AM   #10
bobbafett
Grand Villa

Is number 15 rude guests. But then there are 9 examples of guest behaving rudely.......??????
I think they should all be in one category.

Anyway. I get annoyed with people making lists of things that annoy them
AKL 14, AKL 16, AKL/VWL 16, SS 17, AKL 18, 18. VGF 18, VAK 18.

bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote