home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-08-2018, 07:01 PM   #1
skelster
Two Bedroom

Default Do you have renters did not pay half or additional points at waitlist?

I do have.... and when I remembered it and the vacay is already over... They refused to pay....

So now, if I have renters and won't pay full amount then I am getting antsy. Cause I lost more than a thousand already
skelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:47 PM   #2
sawickipedia
Studio

If you have a contract, then you can sue them in small claims court.
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:00 PM   #3
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

1) stop doing waitlists for any renter
2) get full payment immediately upon showing confirmed reservation in your name or theirs
3) use a contract that specifies rental is final, no refunds full or partial

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Shorty, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:34 PM   #4
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

So sad. Last year I had one, renter did not pay second half but user was friend of the renter who contacted me and paid the balance.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:54 PM   #5
skelster
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
So sad. Last year I had one, renter did not pay second half but user was friend of the renter who contacted me and paid the balance.
You are so lucky.

I removed my message after typing... cause it is so mean to say LOL

They probably not a Boy Scout family cause they are not living with the Scout Oath.
skelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:01 AM   #6
ssconner
Studio

Even if you just collect half upfront, at a minimum you need to get the balance 60 days prior to check-in. They don't pay, you can cancel or re-rent. However, if the points will have to be borrowed or otherwise permanently changed to make the reservation, I have no problem asking for entire payment upfront.

Sorry it happened to you, but sometimes people suck. And, sometimes they don't, but you never know
ssconner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:13 AM   #7
Fiveresorts
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssconner View Post
Even if you just collect half upfront, at a minimum you need to get the balance 60 days prior to check-in. They don't pay, you can cancel or re-rent. However, if the points will have to be borrowed or otherwise permanently changed to make the reservation, I have no problem asking for entire payment upfront.

Sorry it happened to you, but sometimes people suck. And, sometimes they don't, but you never know
This is exactly what I do when renting. If they dont pay by the 60 days you can cancel and points returned.
Fiveresorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:34 AM   #8
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssconner View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveresorts View Post
This is exactly what I do when renting. If they dont pay by the 60 days you can cancel and points returned.
I do 90 days for US customer and full payment for overseas. Many take full payment just because of many reasons you outlined.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:36 AM   #9
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveresorts View Post
I donít rent a lot but this is what I do also, half at time of reservation, half 60 days ahead. I am sorry you got stuck. Small claims court, and bring all your written agreements whether email or text, or contract. Bring proof of what they did pay and screenshots or emails that show you followed up with your end of the agreement. Itís a pain, I know.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:42 AM   #10
EEGRAM
Grand Villa

I am with most of the PP. I want half up front, the remaining 60 days prior to th vacation and will cancel if the second payment is not received.