home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-06-2018, 10:16 AM   #1
Kayhollywood
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Bad Mood + Heat = No Excuse

I thought I'd be observing bad behavior, didn't know I'd be a participant. If you're here now, it's crowded, like, crazy crowded. People are not in magical moods.

Epcot: On our way to Soarin', we had to park the stroller between there and Nemo. Walking back towards Soarin', we're behind a mother holding a 1.5 yo. My 3 yo was behind the mom when mom did an about face and stumbled over my 3 yo. This lady had 2 ft and 200 lbs on my daughter, and made huffy sounds like it was my 3 yo fault for not reading mom's mind that she was about to do a u-turn. Not an I'm Sorry or Are You Okay or anything and she kept walking. So I pick up my now crying 3 yo and yell at the lady's back that it would be nice to at least get an I'm Sorry. I wanted to unleash the expletives on the tip of my tongue, but the yelling was probably enough bad behavior in response to her bad behavior. I wanted to wait for the lady and really let her have it but cooler heads prevailed.

BCV: two brothers in SAB, maybe 11 & 8, playing rough. Big bro picks on his little bro and holds him under water. I went to say something but then he lets little bro up. Little bro has hand marks on his neck and shoulders. They then team up to splash other kids w/buckets. Okay if other kids are splashing back & are willing participants but most aren't. Then they pick on some kid who was up on the sand pile near the lifeguard just minding his own business. He was wearing his glasses so he looked like he had no intention of getting wet. A mom nearby tells them to leave him alone. They turn their buckets on that mom. Yes really. She raises her voice but they clearly don't care. Then they move on and proceed to throw sand at each other and are really winging it at each other's faces. Then they start throwing sand at other little kids. The lifeguard said nothing. But seriously, where was their mom or dad or other "responsible" grown up??? Every single other child was well behaved or had a parent in there w/them. These two bullies (or one bully + one in the making) were seemingly on their own.

About to start Day 4 of our "magical" vacation...can't wait to see what the next 4 days bring
Kayhollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:14 AM   #2
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

Welcome to Jersey Week! FYI, not all of us are that rude.

Hope your days get better!

Now all of my kids are "Disney Adults"

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but moving very close to the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:17 AM   #3
mikayla73
Grand Villa

I hope your trip gets better and there are less rude people.
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:59 AM   #4
Stuart Song
One Bedroom

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the remaining part of the trip get better.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:06 PM   #5
cvjw
Grand Villa

We just left yesterday. It was a madhouse over the weekend, we were so happy to be leaving. We also noticed lots of rude, inconsiderate people.

We had to ask to change tables while dining at Sana’a over the weekend. Multiple screaming, loudly singing, running unsupervised around the restaurant children. While the “adults” drank and totally ignored them.

Our housekeeper at the dolphin told us a lady was so rude and mean to her earlier in the day that she made her cry. We made sure to make her feel totally appreciated.

Just way too many people there with the races and Jersey week. We vowed to never return at this time of the year again.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:21 PM   #6
Jillybean315
One Bedroom

I really hope your trip gets better! And kudos to you for keeping yourself in check when that woman plowed into your 3yo! It really stinks when the rudeness of others put a negative tone on what should be a magical one. Hopefully, a little pixie dust will come your way!

Disney Trips:
POR-Riverside: June, 2011
Off Proprety: June, 2012
All Star Movies: December, 2012
All Star Sports: June, 2013
Wilderness Lodge: June, 2013
Coronado Springs: December, 2013
Coronado Springs: December, 2014
Boardwalk Villas: January, 2016
Beach Club Villas: September, 2016
POR-Riverside: October, 2016
Polynesian Villas:June, 2017 (Split Stay)
Bay Lake Tower: June, 2017 (Split Stay)
Old Key West: January, 2018

Upcoming: Saratoga Springs: June, 2019

(Me) (DH) (DS age 13) (DD age 11)

Jillybean315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:27 PM   #7
clhlaptop
Grand Villa

I am sorry to hear it has been so bad. We are feeling as a family that we are seeing these type of bad behaviors more and more many places. My own youngest child explains the house rules to friends before they come over. She is in high school this year and tells her friends if they aren't polite or break the rules they may be asked to leave. I have never had an issue at my house. We do notice that people allow their children to wander more too at any age. We see it a lot at the stores and restaurants.
clhlaptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:33 PM   #8
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

When is Jersey week over....goign Friday....

ME ,DH , DS23 : , DD21 , DD13
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #9
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Many people just suck.

Hope your experience with others improves over the remainder of your trip.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:34 PM   #10
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi from RI View Post
When is Jersey week over....goign Friday....

The New Jersey kids are off school this Thursday and Friday, so at least through Sunday... Sorry.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote