home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-11-2018, 05:48 PM   #1
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Default Length of Stay requirement lifted at CCV concierge

I'm not shocked. Prices are still too high with what they give IMO though. I wonder if this will help it 'survive" a little longer. I don't think it was as well received as they hoped.

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...tation-lounge?
Old 10-11-2018, 06:06 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

I agree. The price has always been too high and it was just a further kick in the bottom that it had to be the entire party on the room for the entire length of stay. This removes the last part but doesn't address the offerings only being breakfast and 2 afternoon hours. The smallest concierge offerings onsite.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:13 PM   #3
Bjamn2
Studio

With the removal of the full stay and full traveling party requirement, one could come close to re-couping the fee in consumables.... I'm curious to see if this increases interest.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:56 PM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Costs are still too high , regardless of how many days.

Disney made a mistake with the Comfort Station. They should have made it a booking category using points, like at AKV. Members don't spend points like they spend dollars. They could charge 50% more points per night to have Comfort station access and members would not blink.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:17 PM   #5
dvcfan937
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post

Disney made a mistake with the Comfort Station. They should have made it a booking category using points, like at AKV. Members don't spend points like they spend dollars. They could charge 50% more points per night to have Comfort station access and members would not blink.
Even if I try this for one day it would be $200 a day. I can really have a really good dinner for that price. Now, if they were changing points that may be a different story since I already paid for my points the sticker shock is less.
dvcfan937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:16 PM   #6
Bjamn2
Studio

Quote:

I like your idea.....
Old 10-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #7
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Agreed.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:11 PM   #8
DBridge
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Smart move by Disney.

We would never consider it for a full stay. However, we usually do a resort day or two when staying at WL so we may think about it on these days.

I wonder how long before RS is repurposed completely
DBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:13 PM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBridge View Post
Smart move by Disney.

We would never consider it for a full stay. However, we usually do a resort day or two when staying at WL so we may think about it on these days.

I wonder how long before RS is repurposed completely
Considering it was originally going to be a Community Hall they said, and then member mixers after, I wouldn't be shocked if it changes again sooner than later.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:25 PM   #10
Hookdonwdw
Studio

No thanks. It would still be $350 for our group for one night on our next stay. I'd rather spend that $$$ at the F&W booths v. 2 hours with cheap wine at the resort.
Hookdonwdw is offline   Reply With Quote