home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-10-2018, 11:03 AM   #1
The Talls
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Direct waiting period for older resorts

What's been the experiences here for a time frame on buying direct but into an older resort (specifically Boardwalk in this case). We discussed with our Senior Vacation Guide last night that we are interested in a direct purchase of points at Boardwalk. He said he put in the request and will let us know as soon as he finds some points. How long do you think it should take realistically for this to happen ?, I've scoured through several resale sights and not seen exactly what we want or if there is something even close it's stripped. Don't want that. Direct will give me full current points and pro-rated maintenance costs. Just the two of us traveling (mostly) so only looking for around 140 points.
The Talls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:15 PM   #2
DMKEDM
One Bedroom

Not sure this will help--direct purchases from Disney are so variable (by time and by resort)...but--I've been on the Beach Club wait list three times (all at least 6-7 years ago) and the longest I waited for those points was 3 weeks. I've also twice been on the wait list for SSR points (as recently as about 8 months ago)...first time it took less than a week; this last time it took 2 days...

Good luck! Let us know how it goes, ok?
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #3
ggatorgirl
Two Bedroom

I waited from mid-May to late August for some BCV direct this year.

ggatorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:55 PM   #4
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

We called to look for BRV points direct... only waited a day or two. I think it's just luck of the draw and what they have available.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:59 PM   #5
HepperSchepp
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
We called to look for BRV points direct... only waited a day or two. I think it's just luck of the draw and what they have available.
Why would you buy BRV vs CVV if the span is so much shorter. I kinda of understand beach club and boardwalk since the points per night are less and maybe they are alot more valuable...
HepperSchepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:08 PM   #6
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HepperSchepp View Post
Why would you buy BRV vs CVV if the span is so much shorter. I kinda of understand beach club and boardwalk since the points per night are less and maybe they are alot more valuable...
BRV has bigger rooms and can hold more people than CCV. Not everyone likes being attached to the main building too.

For us for PVB it took a week. I would say it depends on size of contract and UY. My guide said that at the time I asked it would take 2-3 weeks for BWV. I opted not to add on there though at that time.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:15 PM   #7
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HepperSchepp View Post
Good question. This was last year when 25 pts. still got all the benefits. We actually did not end up buying those points because the same day we called we found a 50 pt contract resale and bought that instead... 2x the points for only a little more money. And at our age, 2042 is a good time frame for us.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:17 PM   #8
Kathy O
Studio

We waited from mid-August to early-October for BoardWalk points last year. I thought it was interesting that the points came available after our use year (0ctober) started so we didn't get the extra year of points.

BTW, we ended up passing on the BoardWalk points and getting Grand Floridian instead because of the longer contract. Our BoardWalk points are resale, so we were really just looking for a few more points and the annual pass perk.
Kathy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:35 PM   #9
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
Good question. This was last year when 25 pts. still got all the benefits. We actually did not end up buying those points because the same day we called we found a 50 pt contract resale and bought that instead... 2x the points for only a little more money. And at our age, 2042 is a good time frame for us.
But donít you have a brand new grandson? Iím sure that he will need some direct points...
Old 10-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #10
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
But donít you have a brand new grandson? Iím sure that he will need some direct points...
You are absolutely correct! I hadn't thought of that.. shame on Gramps. Can't wait to take him to see Mickey for the first time!