home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 09-12-2018, 05:45 PM   #1
PistolPete
Two Bedroom
 
PistolPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 648
Default TOWL access while off-site

Has anyone been to TOWL recently? Curious what the access check-point is like. In a chat with Member Services today, they wrote that access to TOWL is only available for members and their guests staying at a Disney owned and operated hotel.

I'll be at WDW in October for a conference staying at the Swan Hotel, which does not qualify. So just curious if the people checking in the lobby actually look at what hotel, or just check membership and ID.
__________________
3/2018: AKL 10/2015: DLH 1/2015: BLT/BCV 6/2013: BLT 1/2013: PoFQ 9/2012: GCV 10/2010: BLT LV 3/2010: DLH (surprise the kids trip) Pt2 Pt3
9/2009: GCH Pt2 Pt3 Pt4 Pt5 9/2007: DLH Concierge 9/2002: DLH 9/1999: YC (Honeymoon)
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:16 PM   #2
Mass Transit
Grand Villa
 
Mass Transit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Western Massachusetts; BLT; PVB; CCV
Posts: 1,498
Default

We’ve only been asked to show our DVC card and where we’re staying. Since they’ve never scanned a MagicBand, I guess you could tell them any resort name. New Years was a different story... BLT guests only - with proof.
__________________
Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:19 PM   #3
plahaye
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
plahaye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: tx
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete View Post
Has anyone been to TOWL recently? Curious what the access check-point is like. In a chat with Member Services today, they wrote that access to TOWL is only available for members and their guests staying at a Disney owned and operated hotel.

I'll be at WDW in October for a conference staying at the Swan Hotel, which does not qualify. So just curious if the people checking in the lobby actually look at what hotel, or just check membership and ID.
we were there mid august, enjoyed the mk fireworks there... I was asked for my card ( I had it on my phone) and all guests with me --magic bands were scanned to make sure we were staying at disney resort....
hope this helps
__________________

home resorts BLT (2015) and AKL (2017)
plahaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:23 PM   #4
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,504
Default

Varies but they usually want to scan the Magi Band to check.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:25 PM   #5
dvf_diva
Grand Villa
 
dvf_diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,476
Default

I haven't been to TOTWL in probably over two years, but they scanned MB and asked to see DVC membership card the last time, and it wasn't during a busy holiday time like Independence Day, Xmas, etc.
__________________


Feb 2019 VGF
May 2019 VGF
June 2019 BLT
Aug 2019 Celebrity Eclipse to Alaska
Oct 2019 Disney Magic DVC Member Cruise -- waitlist
Nov 2019 AKL - tentative
Feb 2020 Disney Fantasy - tentative
dvf_diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:45 AM   #6
disney65
Add-on Aficionado
 
disney65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SouthEast, CT
Posts: 5,747
Default

My MB was scanned most of the time. With scanning all relevant info can appear on their screen.
__________________
Home Resort: Aulani, BLT, VGF, BRV (VWL), BWV, AKL, OKW, SSR, HHI

My Trip Reports


2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:20 AM   #7
ffstreetdoc
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 45
Default

Card and bands when we last went.
ffstreetdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:26 AM   #8
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado
 
kzrooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kalamazoo Mi
Posts: 10,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Varies but they usually want to scan the Magi Band to check.
This


Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
My MB was scanned most of the time. With scanning all relevant info can appear on their screen.
This, again

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete View Post
Has anyone been to TOWL recently? Curious what the access check-point is like. In a chat with Member Services today, they wrote that access to TOWL is only available for members and their guests staying at a Disney owned and operated hotel.

I'll be at WDW in October for a conference staying at the Swan Hotel, which does not qualify. So just curious if the people checking in the lobby actually look at what hotel, or just check membership and ID.
How about a beverage at the Outer Rim Lounge, then stepping out onto the viewing area at the Contemporary. Although I'm not sure if this is still open. Otherwise a visit to the California Grill and then the outdoor platform upstairs.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:27 AM   #9
carolina_yankee
Administrator
 
carolina_yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 27,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plahaye View Post
we were there mid august, enjoyed the mk fireworks there... I was asked for my card ( I had it on my phone) and all guests with me --magic bands were scanned to make sure we were staying at disney resort....
hope this helps
Off topic - is there a digital version you can add to your Apple Wallet (or Android version)? Or did you just have a photo of your card? I should think about that. Do CMs accept that for discounts, etc?

Dirk
__________________
carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:29 AM   #10
carolina_yankee
Administrator
 
carolina_yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 27,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
How about a beverage at the Outer Rim Lounge, then stepping out onto the viewing area at the Contemporary. Although I'm not sure if this is still open. Otherwise a visit to the California Grill and then the outdoor platform upstairs.
Indeed, I think you can just arrange to go up to the CG bar for a drink. I'm not sure on the rules for that, though. Sometimes, we've asked at the podium and they put us down for a certain time.

Dirk
__________________
carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software