home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-11-2018, 03:10 PM   #1
beemertec
Two Bedroom

Default Thanksgiving Trip

When we bought our CCV points while at Aulani last week, I asked my guide to get us a room onsite for Nov. 20-25. I knew it was a long shot, but it was worth asking. Once we closed on our contracts I figured that I wouldn't hear from her again, but she has been calling me to let me know that she is still working on it.

In the meantime, I have created a waitlist for a 1BR at CCV for those days. I also managed to book the following nights.

20 - 1BR Pref SSR
21 - 1BR SSR
22- 3BR Grand Villa SSR
23,24 - 1BR pref SSR

I then set up a waitlist for a 1BR pref SSR for 21 and 22.

Here's hoping for a little pixie dust!

Last edited by beemertec; 09-13-2018 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Added a day
beemertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:41 PM   #2
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Red face sending you pixie dust

Pixie Dust for your ressie.

Congratulations on CCV.

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:17 PM   #3
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Looks like the reservation is coming together nicely!
Old 09-11-2018, 08:42 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Best of luck!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:08 PM   #5
beemertec
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemertec View Post
When we bought our CCV points while at Aulani last week, I asked my guide to get us a room onsite for Nov. 20-25. I knew it was a long shot, but it was worth asking. Once we closed on our contracts I figured that I wouldn't hear from her again, but she has been calling me to let me know that she is still working on it.

In the meantime, I have created a waitlist for a 1BR at CCV for those days. I also managed to book the following nights.

20 - 1BR Pref SSR
21 - 1BR SSR
22- 3BR Grand Villa SSR
23,24 - 1BR pref SSR

I then set up a waitlist for a 1BR pref SSR for 21 and 22.

Here's hoping for a little pixie dust!
I edited to update that we found Thanksgiving Day spot at SSR, but it is a 94 point Grand Villa. That is a total of 282 points for this stay and we will have to move 3 times! I really hope the waitlist comes through. I told DW that we may cancel outside of 30 days and just rent the points out. We are using the 350 2017 points that we banked when we bought the contract. That would be a nice little rental, but we really want to go for Thanksgiving so we may just put up with the moving around.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:39 PM   #6
dvcfan937
Studio

Quote:
I edited to update that we found Thanksgiving Day spot at SSR, but it is a 94 point Grand Villa. That is a total of 282 points for this stay and we will have to move 3 times! I really hope the waitlist comes through. I told DW that we may cancel outside of 30 days and just rent the points out. We are using the 350 2017 points that we banked when we bought the contract. That would be a nice little rental, but we really want to go for Thanksgiving so we may just put up with the moving around.
Good luck with your waitlist. Have your consider doing a CRO for the 1BR on the GV day? That's what I did for NYE reservation at BLT and waitlisted. The waitlist came thru and then I was able to stitch my reservation together.
dvcfan937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:56 PM   #7
beemertec
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcfan937 View Post
Good luck with your waitlist. Have your consider doing a CRO for the 1BR on the GV day? That's what I did for NYE reservation at BLT and waitlisted. The waitlist came thru and then I was able to stitch my reservation together.
What is a CRO?

Old 09-13-2018, 09:50 PM   #8
dvcfan937
Studio

Quote:
What is a CRO?
Fancy name for cash reservation. Call the DVC MS and ask if they have room available for cash. They usually give the DVC member discount. ( I heard that sometimes they don't but I always have gotten it) If your waitlist come thru they will reimburse you the moneys for the cash reservation. That will prevent you for jumping around and save you a boat load of points.

Last edited by dvcfan937; 09-13-2018 at 09:59 PM.
dvcfan937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:24 PM   #9
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
What is a CRO?
Abbreviations and Acronyms Commonly Used on This Board (put it in the search window)

it can be quite helpful
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:11 AM   #10
beemertec
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcfan937 View Post
Fancy name for cash reservation. Call the DVC MS and ask if they have room available for cash. They usually give the DVC member discount. ( I heard that sometimes they don't but I always have gotten it) If your waitlist come thru they will reimburse you the moneys for the cash reservation. That will prevent you for jumping around and save you a boat load of points.
Thanks. Our guide has been checking that route as well.