home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-09-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
DVC StephanieH
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default It's not so very scary!

Boo to you! My name is Stephanie H and I am one of the lucky Vacation Coordinators at Davids Vacation Club Rentals. No tricks here! It is my pleasure, along with Cassie & Kelly, to treat you to an inside look at one of my favourite times at Walt Disney World, Fall! Between the Food & Wine Festival and Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, it’s an enchanting time!

Arrival Day!

I’ll be honest. It took until checking in to officially realize that I am home! But once the reality of where we get to spend the next 6 days hit, well, I was more then excited. We arrived well within our schedule and check-in at Beach Club Villas was a breeze! The wonderful Cast Member let us know that as a guest staying through DVC points, we would be staying in the light green building, rather than the light blue. Easy enough way to tell the buildings apart.

Beach Club DVC Villas

Beach Club Resort

Once we grabbed our rooms, we each took a moment to recognize the differences. One of us had a handicap accessible room, another had a traditional Studio (part of a Two Bedroom lock-off). Mine was a dedicated Studio. Also, as we were not able to specify any specific view for Beach Club, and can I just say, WOW! I got spoiled.
[url=http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/dvcrentals/media/20180909_163602_zpsah8ivs2e.jpg.html][/URL

Beach’s and Cream was our place for dinner. Hello Mickey pants! And ice cream.

The Tomato Bisque & Grilled Cheese is amazing!!

After we stuffed our faces, we toured around Beach Club a bit, taking in everything from the aroma (sunscreen) to the touches that makes Beach Club stand alone.

One of the key features for Beach Club Villas and why the Resort is so high in demand. Stormalong Bay!

That’s all for today. Tomorrow is our first park day and I can’t wait!

Last edited by DVC StephanieH; 09-10-2018 at 08:17 AM.
DVC StephanieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:04 PM   #2
disneyridleys
Grand Villa

Ohhh, my dream job!! I can't wait to see what the next week brings you! You guys have fun and thanks for doing a TR!
disneyridleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:57 PM   #3
ajc
Grand Villa

following and hope you have good weather!
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:11 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Have a great trip! Looking forward to much more, thanks for taking the time to share.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:57 AM   #5
Quellman
Grand Villa

Beach club is a lovely resort area.
2002 DLHotel, 2010 SSR, 2011 SSR, 2012 DCL Magic, DLParis, BLT, 2013 VB, 2014 DCl Fantasy, BLT 2015 POP, BLT 2016 DCL Dream B2B, BLT 2017 PVB, DCL Fantasy(B2B), YC, BLT 2018 DCL Dream, POFQ, BLT
Quellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:44 AM   #6
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Stephanie,
My DW and I arrive at BCV tomorrow (Tuesday) for 3 days of F&W. We always enjoy the trip reports from David's and we'll be looking for the three ladies taking a lot of pictures...
Old 09-10-2018, 03:04 PM   #7
eandjmom
One Bedroom

Following along. Have a wonderful trip!!
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:12 PM   #8
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Woo hoo, a great start it is!
I’m happy to tag along!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:29 PM   #9
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

You are making me homesick!
(But that's a good thing.)

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:30 PM   #10
DVC StephanieH
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Day 2!
Oh look, another GLORIOUS morning. Makes me sick! (Just kidding, look at this view!)

We started the morning out with a quick ride in a Minnie Van to Magic Kingdom (my favorite park). We were treated to enjoying a couple rides before checking out some of the resorts around Magic Kingdom. I was very excited to check out Bay Lake Tower today. I was lucky enough to honeymoon there with a Theme Park View, so it is near and dear to my heart.
This was from the walkway that connects Bay Lake Tower & The Contemporary. Gorgeous!

While the pool is not as magnificent as Stormalong Bay, it fits with the contemporary theme.

Copper Creek Villas & Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge are two Resorts that I have never seen before. Let’s just say, they do not disappoint! I normally am not a “wilderness” type of girl, but for these resorts, I would gladly make the exception.

Grand Floridian is stunning with its décor. My favorite feature here I would have to say is this fountain. It’s so whimsical! Grand Floridian Villas has a welcoming feel to it which I was not expecting.

After the touring, we had some fast passes so off to Hollywood Studios for us! I was most looking forward to seeing the new Toy Story Land. This new area was surprisingly not busy, however the addition is very well done and a welcomed update for Hollywood Studios.

Easily my favorite ride in Hollywood Studios. The theming is spooky and fits in well for Fall/Halloween!

Successful second day. We tackle Polynesian Villas & Boardwalk Villas tomorrow. We also get to enjoy Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and dress up as some amazing characters!
DVC StephanieH is offline   Reply With Quote