home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-03-2018, 10:00 PM   #1
robgoofyrm
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default DVC Platinum Pass for gold pass $

Has anyone heard if Disney will offer that deal again for 2019. That was an amazing deal and I am hoping they offer it again. Anyone hear any rumors or have inside information about this deal? Here is to hope
robgoofyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:13 PM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgoofyrm View Post
Has anyone heard if Disney will offer that deal again for 2019. That was an amazing deal and I am hoping they offer it again. Anyone hear any rumors or have inside information about this deal? Here is to hope
No, it was an anniversary deal. Unless attendance takes a hit, I wouldn't count on seeing one like that again any time soon.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:23 PM   #3
Buzz Lightyear Towers
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
No, it was an anniversary deal. Unless attendance takes a hit, I wouldn't count on seeing one like that again any time soon.
And with Galaxy's Edge opening in fall of 2019, I imagine attendance will surge. I don't expect much in the way of AP discounts next year.

AKV, BLT, BWV, and PVB are my home resorts. :
Buzz Lightyear Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 11:00 PM   #4
Jcsquirrel
Two Bedroom

Default not sure

They run something every few years, it would seem if they were going to this would be the year, they will not do it once Star Wars opens and the anniversary is coming.
Jcsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 11:38 PM   #5
YMMDVCer
Studio

We also enjoyed the 13month AP a few years ago. It allowed us to go the same time back to back years. I think it's a great perk for the DVC members cause I think most like to go the same time each year
YMMDVCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:05 AM   #6
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMMDVCer View Post
We also enjoyed the 13month AP a few years ago. It allowed us to go the same time back to back years. I think it's a great perk for the DVC members cause I think most like to go the same time each year
I wish 13 month was a permanent DVC perk! My pass is going to expire just a few weeks before my trip next year. Will get the renewal rate, but frustrating nonetheless.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:12 AM   #7
FessParker1
Two Bedroom

Friend spoke to the this weekend to ask about park tix for her mother for a family trip. They told her to wait as something was in the works and might be coming out before her trip.
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:15 AM   #8
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear Towers View Post
And with Galaxy's Edge opening in fall of 2019, I imagine attendance will surge. I don't expect much in the way of AP discounts next year.
Agreed! Probably not for a while with the 50th coming up. Maybe 13 month deal for AP renewals but not direct money discounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
Friend spoke to the this weekend to ask about park tix for her mother for a family trip. They told her to wait as something was in the works and might be coming out before her trip.
Unless her mother lives with her, she wouldn't be able to get tickets through DVC for her (which is what this was). I would be shocked if an AP deal were true at this point.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:57 AM   #9
FessParker1
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Agreed! Probably not for a while with the 50th coming up. Maybe 13 month deal for AP renewals but not direct money discounts.

Unless her mother lives with her, she wouldn't be able to get tickets through DVC for her (which is what this was). I would be shocked if an AP deal were true at this point.
It may be another 7 day tix that can be used over 6 months
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 11:43 AM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
It may be another 7 day tix that can be used over 6 months
If that is the case, then they still should (per the last terms - though some got around this) have to live in the same house.

That's one thing I wish we could do, get tickets at a discount for those traveling with us :/