home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-31-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
MarkB
Studio

Default Online Checkin

I am trying to do the online check in for an upcoming trip (42 days from now). When I go to My Disney Experience and try to select the room request, nothing shows up in the selection boxes. Under Room Request 1 and Room Request 2 it just says Select and there is nothing to select. I'm doing a split stay and it shows the same for both resorts (BWV and SSR).

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks
MarkB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:30 AM   #2
MOTed
One Bedroom

Yep, itís happening to me too. Also, even if I ignore the location request, it wonít even let me complete the online check-in. It cranks for awhile, and then gives an error saying, ďTry again later.Ē More Disney IT issues...
Old 07-31-2018, 12:15 PM   #3
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Very common right now. I personally would just use chat or email your request.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:44 PM   #4
zulaya
Grand Villa

Online check in is full of glitches.
Email your request in.

DVC Member since 2002. Homes at BCV and AKV
30+ trips!

Dec 2018 - Bringing the sweet 3YO and 5YO nieces for their first time along with their parents, Gramma and Grampa!
zulaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 01:31 PM   #5
MarkB
Studio

I just went through an hour on the phone yesterday after errors trying to link my account and my daughter's so I could add her to my reservation. Today I bought her a ticket and when she tried to make FP+ reservations it told her she didn't have a ticket even though it showed up on her account. Got cut off on the call to TS after waiting 10 minutes on hold.

I decided to try assigning her ticket to someone else on her account and then back to her and that fixed it.

All this pre-planning is tiring.
MarkB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:13 PM   #6
BobParr
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
Amen, brother. But if you don't do it, it can be a long and disappointing day at the parks. Mickey rewards the prepared, and punishes the spontaneous.
BobParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:26 PM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobParr View Post
Amen, brother. But if you don't do it, it can be a long and disappointing day at the parks. Mickey rewards the prepared, and punishes the spontaneous.
Depending on the time of year, and the size of your party, pre-planning isnít as necessary. When I do solo trips, I have the freedom to be more spontaneous because it is easier to catch last minute ADRís and FPís for a party of 1.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:50 PM   #8
JaneBanks
One Bedroom

Quote:
Exactly how I feel nowadays. On our recent trip, because of the size of our party I felt like spontaneity was dead.
And it was exhausting trying to update things on the fly, especially with the wifi in the parks.
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:58 PM   #9
PolyGirl
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Depending on the time of year, and the size of your party, pre-planning isnít as necessary. When I do solo trips, I have the freedom to be more spontaneous because it is easier to catch last minute ADRís and FPís for a party of 1.
True but most members are traveling with family or friends and spontaneity doesn't always work, especially when there is a larger group involved. I for one would love to be able to have a little freedom from all the pre-planning during our Disney trips. I don't always know what we want to do every minute of every day and want to decide spur of the moment.
PolyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:51 AM   #10
FessParker1
Two Bedroom

Quote:

We have 3 trips planned over the next 6 months. One of them is in Dec for 4 of us. Oh wait 2 more want to come and I need to find them a room. Ut oh 4 more are coming and staying off property. That's going to be fun when doing fast passes. ok 2 more want to come now and also need a room and all that's available is single nights for one or 2 nights of a 9 day trip. And of course all they all want to go to Ohana. Stalking the rat and dining constantly.
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote