home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #1
Quellman
Grand Villa

Default Saw the prices for this years Candle Light Dinner Packages

And I don't remember what it was last year, but wow for some of these places! Link. $70 for an adult? Geesh. Then I looked at Akershus, and it is normally $64 for an adult. I should really start looking at how much dining is going to cost me for my trips.
2002 DLHotel, 2010 SSR, 2011 SSR, 2012 DCL Magic, DLParis, BLT, 2013 VB, 2014 DCl Fantasy, BLT 2015 POP, BLT 2016 DCL Dream B2B, BLT 2017 PVB, DCL Fantasy(B2B), YC, BLT
Quellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:05 PM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quellman View Post
And I don't remember what it was last year, but wow for some of these places! Link. $70 for an adult? Geesh. Then I looked at Akershus, and it is normally $64 for an adult. I should really start looking at how much dining is going to cost me for my trips.
Honestly, DVC studios are making more sense than regular hotel rooms just for that kitchenette. You can cut dining costs pretty significantly with access to a microwave and fridge. Especially for breakfast! When Iím flying solo, my food costs are minimal. Even with DH it isnít too bad. When we take the whole family? That full kitchen is a must!
Old 07-11-2018, 02:41 PM   #3
Jillt2ph
One Bedroom

Some of the prices amaze me. Dinner at San Angel is the most expensive?? The first time I booked the dinner package Coral Reef and Chefs de France were the priciest...

Member since 2010
Jillt2ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #4
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillt2ph View Post
Some of the prices amaze me. Dinner at San Angel is the most expensive?? The first time I booked the dinner package Coral Reef and Chefs de France were the priciest...
The only thing I can think is that has to be on the popularity of the restaurant. Not as big as some so if they're going to give up tables they're marking it up. Of course they're still left with their prime time seating so maybe it's just that they can and people will pay.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:51 PM   #5
Loro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Honestly, DVC studios are making more sense than regular hotel rooms just for that kitchenette. You can cut dining costs pretty significantly with access to a microwave and fridge. Especially for breakfast! When Iím flying solo, my food costs are minimal. Even with DH it isnít too bad. When we take the whole family? That full kitchen is a must!
We do the same. We pack our protein bars and sandwiches. Generally eat out one meal a day while at WDW.
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:01 PM   #6
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loro View Post
We do the same. We pack our protein bars and sandwiches. Generally eat out one meal a day while at WDW.
Same here....the prices of the food dont match the taste. There are lots of places we wont go back to....the food and service was ok at these various locations but just do not warrant the prices they charge. We have a few select places we go back to and we try a new place from time to time

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS21 DD15

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #7
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
You don't really need a full kitchen for a family though. I don't cook on vacation and my husband sadly sucks, so we find light meals that don't really require much.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #8
brewsard2
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillt2ph View Post
Most seem to be outrageous. We booked the breakfast package at the new Ale and Compass last year to compromise on cost while getting the CP bonus. It ended up as a delicious breakfast and we had great seats later that night!
brewsard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:53 PM   #9
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking How bad is it if you just wait in the stand by line?

I'm wondering how bad it would be if you just waited in the stand by line?

It's been a couple of years since Ive done CP, but it was my favorite.

But wow, the prices....

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:59 PM   #10
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
I'm wondering how bad it would be if you just waited in the stand by line?

It's been a couple of years since Ive done CP, but it was my favorite.

But wow, the prices....

Goldi
It can be very long. For the popular narrators you probably have to wait from at least mid-afternoon for the early show. For less popular narrators you can have a chance to get into the last show with little or no wait or if you devote just a bit of time you might make the 2nd show.