home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-11-2018, 09:03 AM   #1
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Wink Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine festival

We would like advice on attending s&d food and wine. We have ressies at bcv 1br for hubby and me thurs,Fri, sat, sunday.

I use scooter. Would i be able to take boat transport to/ from event?

And would u recommend getting all inclusive tickets for 2 days? Or just go one night? Is friday less crowded than saturday?

Ive done epcot f&w but hubby hasnt. But i thought s&d maybe more of a date
Night.

Im wondering if we should do their room package instead of bcv? But hubby likes quiet when Sleeping so dont Know if u can hear bands from the rooms.
Any advice appreciated.

We like wine, and mixed drinks. Not beer.

How soon do we need to get tickets?

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:26 AM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
We would like advice on attending s&d food and wine. We have ressies at bcv 1br for hubby and me thurs,Fri, sat, sunday.
Yeah...We will be at WDW that weekend.....Finally a chance to get together!
Quote:

I use scooter. Would i be able to take boat transport to/ from event?
Yes, boats will run as normal....no interuption from the event.

Quote:
And would u recommend getting all inclusive tickets for 2 days? Or just go one night? Is friday less crowded than saturday?
We are only going for the one night and I did add on the beer garden.

Quote:
Ive done epcot f&w but hubby hasnt. But i thought s&d maybe more of a date Night.
The S&D Food and Wine Classic is an excellent event.....one of the best non-F&W event event, if you know what I mean. Dollar for dollar, i feel the even is better in a lot of ways......kind of a cross between the Booths in Epcot and the Party for the Senses.

Quote:
Im wondering if we should do their room package instead of bcv? But hubby likes quiet when Sleeping so dont Know if u can hear bands from the rooms.
We are staying at the S&D on SPG points. If you have the DVC points, use them ans just buy your tickets separate. Those hotel rooms (WDW and S&D do a good job keeping noise down. If you are staying at the S&D, request a room with a non-water view.....away from the Party.

Quote:
We like wine, and mixed drinks. Not beer.
There are lots of drinking options, especially the wine trail at the event.

Quote:
How soon do we need to get tickets?
We already have our tickets.

PS - Don't overlook their extra hard ticket events. The seminars are very good.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:25 AM   #3
Miki
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We did the Swan/Dolphin F&W Classic two years ago. It was a great experience. Lots of great drink options and great food. Fun atmosphere and more spread out and more room than the Party for the Senses which we have done in the past. We thought it was well priced and it was less than the Party of the Senses. We would recommend it highly. Be aware however, we had a lovely night weather wise. I assume if it was raining it would be moved indoors. I think it would lose something as the night air, the music, the palm trees....really made for a great spot.
We would do it again but this year we opted to do a Bubbles Brunch at the Swan/Dolphin.

Home resorts: BLT, BWV, and VWL
Miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:16 PM   #4
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Yeah...We will be at WDW that weekend.....Finally a chance to get together!Yes, boats will run as normal....no interuption from the event.

We are only going for the one night and I did add on the beer garden.
Can I ask what night you are going? Maybe we could meet up for a drink? (PM me if you like).

Goldi
Old 07-11-2018, 12:51 PM   #5
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
Can I ask what night you are going? Maybe we could meet up for a drink? (PM me if you like).

Goldi

We are arriving Wednesday, staying til Monday afternoon. We will be attending the Food & Wine classic on Friday.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #6
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Red face one more q

If I buy the concourse ticket for Friday,

Can I just buy a seminar for Saturday afternoon (and not buy the concourse ticket as well?)

and would we be missing really good food or seating by not doing the beer garden (Probably not drinking the beer, so wondering if we should pay the extra $30 per person).

Anyone know of any discount codes? If so, please PM me.

Goldi

Last edited by goldilocks_63; 07-11-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:25 PM   #7
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
We are arriving Wednesday, staying til Monday afternoon. We will be attending the Food & Wine classic on Friday.

Debating between just the Friday as well or both days, Iíll have to look at the details. Definitely adding on Beer Garden.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:11 PM   #8
brp
Add-on Aficionado

We are going the weekend before, just by chance. But since this is a time of year we like to go, perhaps we need to do it next year. Thanks for the comments

Also noted that the beverage seminars are about 3X the price of those at F&W. I can only imagine that it's because they offer more alcohol than those at F&W. Given that the Concourse and Beer Garden tickets are, essentially, unlimited drinking, and that the seminars at F&W are quite good, it doesn't seem that this would be worth the premium.

Cheers.

Last edited by brp; 07-11-2018 at 10:15 PM.
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:48 PM   #9
MickeyFan787
Two Bedroom

If I buy the concourse ticket for Friday, Can I just buy a seminar for Saturday afternoon (and not buy the concourse ticket as well?)

Yes you can. And I would recommend just one night, in my opinion it is a one night event. I went for the first time last year and it was amazing. Hands down better food than Epcot. Unfortunately it rained that night and it was moved into the Dolphin convention center but we still loved it. I am looking forward to going again outdoors

and would we be missing really good food or seating by not doing the beer garden (Probably not drinking the beer, so wondering if we should pay the extra $30 per person).

We didn't do the beer garden, I dont think there was any feeling of missing anything and I could not possibly have eaten or drunk any more.

Anyone know of any discount codes? If so, please PM me.

Lol, yes please share. But I dont think there are any beyond the packages on the Swalphin site. I tried doing the individual tickets last year thinking it would be cheaper but it wasnt and it was a pain so I gave up and bought the pass.

I am thinking of a seminar this year, but my plans are still up in the air so I am unsure what.

MickeyFan787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:58 AM   #10
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
We are going the weekend before, just by chance. But since this is a time of year we like to go, perhaps we need to do it next year. Thanks for the comments

Also noted that the beverage seminars are about 3X the price of those at F&W. I can only imagine that it's because they offer more alcohol than those at F&W. Given that the Concourse and Beer Garden tickets are, essentially, unlimited drinking, and that the seminars at F&W are quite good, it doesn't seem that this would be worth the premium.

Cheers.
Considering the poor quality alcohol and tiny pours at F&W the last few years I think you are safe in assuming that S/D is giving more.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote