home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #1
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Default More NYE Planning ???s

Help me choose: (too bad I dont know how to create a poll )

We have never been to Disney for NYE. It we be me and my husband , out 16 year old daughter, my 21 year old son adn his 21 year old friend from colege

1. NYE at MK ...wouldn't we have to get to the park before 10 am to be sure it is not closed due to capacity?

2. Dec 30 at MK since it is the same fireworks show. What time would we need to get to the park to be sure it is not closed for capacity? And then got o Epcot or HWS on NYE.

3. NYE at HWS with dinner at Sci Fi or other place (hubby not a fan of Br Derby). Will they have the Star Wars fireworks show?

4. NYE at Epcot...maybe at Biergarten or Chefs De France...?

5. Dec 30 dinner at Calif. Grill to see the MK fireworks from the balcony. Dec 31 at Epcot or Hws?

6. Other ideas/ comments / suggestions...?

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS21 DD15

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:30 AM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Lots of nice possibilities there. I’d wait until more is officially announced, which should be within the next month or two. However, the plan here is always Magic Kingdom on the 30th with Epcot or Hollywood Studios on the 31st.

Be aware that just because a park closes for capacity in the morning or early afternoon has no bearing on getting in for the evening festivities. As far as I know all parks have reopened later in the day, several people always leave at some point.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:09 AM   #3
MMC1
Grand Villa

Keep it simple and safe. Where are you staying NYE night?
Traffic will suck... The Cal Grill will be hosting an expensive party so that location doubtful unless you have lots of money and plan to celebrate BIG.
Don't forget the Contemporary has viewing area where the monorail enters but it will probably be restricted. I know many resorts have countdown parties in their lobbies.
Epcot would be fun and unique since each country celebrates in their specific timezone until Midnight strikes in the Florida timezone. And most memorable for 21 year olds and family.
Personally I would only celebrate on property with BLT Top of the World view but sadly I gave up reservations for that evening because my daughter wanted to go in July. So whoever got lucky with my cancellations for 2 rooms.. You are welcome Hope you have a Happy New Year! Think of me in a few weeks in hot sunny Orlando but I am staying at BLT at least.
Oh well let us know where you are staying. Youcould schedule the boats that view MK fireworks from water or Epcot but what is NYE without a crowd!

Last edited by MMC1; 06-22-2018 at 04:15 AM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:10 AM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
We have never been to Disney for NYE. It we be me and my husband , out 16 year old daughter, my 21 year old son adn his 21 year old friend from colege
We love it! So much to see and do. Yes it is crowded, but the excitement of it all is great. That feeling on NYE can not be duplicated at home, sitting on the couch.

Quote:
1. NYE at MK ...wouldn't we have to get to the park before 10 am to be sure it is not closed due to capacity?
No. MK will close early in the day. But the park will reopen in the afternoon to Resort guests only. Tip of the day.....avoid MK on the 31 after 10 am.

Quote:
2. Dec 30 at MK since it is the same fireworks show. What time would we need to get to the park to be sure it is not closed for capacity? And then got o Epcot or HWS on NYE.
The park will close early on the day, but will be open after 3pm(ish) for resort guests. Driving around WDW on the 30th and 31st is not recommended......WDW transportation is your best bet. We normally have dinner at California Grill on the 30th and head over to MK around 9-10pm.

Quote:
3. NYE at HWS with dinner at Sci Fi or other place (hubby not a fan of Br Derby). Will they have the Star Wars fireworks show?
No.

Quote:
4. NYE at Epcot...maybe at Biergarten or Chefs De France...?
Go where it makes you happy. Both will be packed. Both will be rocking.

Quote:
5. Dec 30 dinner at Calif. Grill to see the MK fireworks from the balcony. Dec 31 at Epcot or Hws?
We have seen the DEc 30th fireworks from every angle possible. My preference is from Main Street, in front of the castle. Its crowded and nuts....and you need to claim your spot hours ahead of time. The fireworks will be shot from to locations, front and rear, plus the ending is literally 360 degrees around the park. [/quote]

Quote:
6. Other ideas/ comments / suggestions...?
I should start the annual Christmas/NYE planning thread.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:08 AM   #5
ReagentGrade
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTravelers View Post
... to be sure it is not closed due to capacity?
If you are staying at a Disney resort, only a Phase 4 closure will keep you out. There had only been one Phase 4 closure in the history of WDW ad it was about ten years ago.
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:55 PM   #6
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Keep it simple and safe. Where are you staying NYE night?

Epcot would be fun and unique since each country celebrates in their specific timezone until Midnight strikes in the Florida timezone.

This is GREAT to know....thanks to all of you for such good info and advice!!!!!!I was discussing this with my husband and he asked why didnt I just use Google and I let him know I trusted you all WAY MORE than a random Google search! LOL! Thanks so much!!

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS21 DD15

Old 06-24-2018, 08:16 PM   #7
dvcfan937
Studio

I should start the annual Christmas/NYE planning thread.[/quote]

Please do...
dvcfan937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:12 PM   #8
Joel0917
Grand Villa

Iíve done the last two years for nye and will be doing again this year. We have done BLT at three years.
We do MK at 7am on dec 30. Weíve always had dinner at 5 or 6 at be our girls at and then walk outside at 630 and see the amazing NYE fireworks at that time with no crowd back by beast castle. Itís amazing.
We then have done NYE day first at Epcot one year and it was fun and then Animal kingdom last year. We get back to BLT by 9 each time an chill. Then g up to TOTL lounge for the fireworks at about 1130pm. We get horns and hats and love it!!!!
MK close last year phase 1/2 at like 10 am. Reopened at 1pm or so but Iíd always packed. We want to do it but itís just so many people!!!! We thought about this year just walking down at like 1030 and hang out back by the train station or behind Mia street that they open up.
Stayed: SSR, AKV,AKL, THV, All star music, Pop Century, AofA, BLT, CBR.
Disneyland: 1998,2010, 2014, 2016
Stayed: VGC in 14/16
2016 - SSR/AKV and BLT
2017 BLT, SSR, AKV and coronado
Disney cruise: 2007, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016
Wonder 2x and Fantasy 4x
Upcoming:
July 18 - Disney Magic Barcelona
F&W - AKV
NYE - BLT
Disney Fantasy March 2019
Joel0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #9
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Another NYE thread prompted me to bring this one back and ask a few more questions.

We have decided on a reservation at Biergarten on NYE at about 6 pm. Luckily, I was able to book it when the 180 window opened. We are staying at BW so we can just walk back to the room at the end of the night.

So.....speaking of the BW, if Epcot is to insanely crowded, will things be going on over there in case we need to escape the crowds?

What about Atlantic Dance Hall and Jelly Rolls?

Me DH DS21 DD15

Old 10-25-2018, 02:42 PM   #10
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTravelers View Post
Another NYE thread prompted me to bring this one back and ask a few more questions.

We have decided on a reservation at Biergarten on NYE at about 6 pm. Luckily, I was able to book it when the 180 window opened. We are staying at BW so we can just walk back to the room at the end of the night.

So.....speaking of the BW, if Epcot is to insanely crowded, will things be going on over there in case we need to escape the crowds?

What about Atlantic Dance Hall and Jelly Rolls?
They do things over on the Boardwalk, but Epcot doesn't get that crowded.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
Sun, Sea, and Romance-Once Upon a Fantasy
Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular AND New Year's Eve 2017-18
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 2016
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...
5/2018 BLT-Fantasy-BWV Eastern Carib *** 9/2018 BLT-Dream-BCV Halloween on the High Seas***10/2018 A Quick Stop at Pop!***BLT-BCV 12/2018 Another New Year ***5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-BLT Western Carib

Home resorts BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote