home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #1
avsheffi
Grand Villa

Default Getting a little nervous about purchase

We own four resale contracts all purchased through ResalesDVC.com. We've always had a great experience with them. We recently had an offer accepted on a small BCV contract with another large resale company because it matched our point and UY requirements. We sent in our signed contract almost two weeks ago and still haven't received the final contract signed by the seller. I've contacted the company a couple of times and have been given excuses about what's taking so long, but still no dice.

In the meantime, we are selling a small SSR contract with the Tutas's. I sent in the signed contract and had a fully executed contract back to me in ONE day.

I'm getting nervous that our BCV contract isn't going to go through. The delay may be totally outside the control of the other resale company, but this experience has made me appreciate ResalesDVC all the more!

avsheffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:27 AM   #2
Belle & Ariel
Two Bedroom

We bought both our contracts through resalesdvc and were very pleased with their efficiency.
Have you sent check and has it been cashed for your new purchase? I would think if it's cashed all should go well.

New AP count. Dec 10. Jan 5 (15) Feb 4 (19) March 6. (25) April/May 8 (33) June 9 (42) Sept 7 (49)
Belle & Ariel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:32 AM   #3
avsheffi
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
We bought both our contracts through resalesdvc and were very pleased with their efficiency.
Have you sent check and has it been cashed for your new purchase? I would think if it's cashed all should go well.
Yes, the check has been cashed and put into escrow with the attorney, but the seller still hasn't signed the contract.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:13 AM   #4
Joeli
One Bedroom

If I remember doesn't the seller need to have the contract notarized as well? If there are two people that are the sellers i.e. husband and wife, they both have to get this done. So, I would imagine sometimes based on schedules there may be a delay.

Upcoming:
Jun 2019 - BWV/BLT?
Mar 2019 - PVB
Feb 2019 - BRV
Jan 2019 - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea
Nov 2018 - Swan

Done:
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani)
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:17 AM   #5
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

We had to wait forever for the other party to sign, when we bought our first contract...it was a whole family with kids and they were grown and lived in various parts of the country.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #6
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

I assume in the past you have just gotten lucky with sellers who were motivated to have the papers returned quickly. However, I have heard others say that their sellers have taken a while to return their signed paperwork as well, so I wouldn't be too worried about the integrity of the company you are using. I would just chalk it up to slow sellers. Frustrating none the less. Hoping today's the day that paperwork gets returned!
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:25 PM   #7
zafiro
Two Bedroom

A couple of reasons, but not to worry. All of these happened on some of my resale transactions: could be a divorce situation where one is dragging feet to annoy the other, could be a death and the paperwork has to be filed correctly before the beneficiary officially takes over, could be a foreign owner that seems to take longer, or could be that the seller has pending vacations that they are trying to navigate. You can always try to nudge the seller by telling your broker that you are pulling your offer if they haven't signed by XX date so you can be freed up to find another contract.
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:11 PM   #8
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

word of warning -- if the sellers take forever to sign the contract, then they're likely going to drag their feet later.

As they have not signed the contract, there is no contract at this point. You can tell the broker you are rescinding your offer (either immediately or after XX hours) and would like to have your escrow funds refunded ASAP.

Unless you are getting the perfect deal, I would not mess with it. There are more fish in the sea.

*ETA -- what excuses are they giving for the delay?
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:41 PM   #9
Sephorin
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
word of warning -- if the sellers take forever to sign the contract, then they're likely going to drag their feet later.

As I'm sure you know, this is a long process. If you have a slow, unmotivated seller, the process can easily stretch out to six months or more. I've heard stories.

Quote:
You can tell the broker you are rescinding your offer (either immediately or after XX hours) and would like to have your escrow funds refunded ASAP.

If it were me, I would say that I am respectfully rescinding my offer if the seller has not gotten the paperwork back by X day and time. On the first contract I bought, it took the seller one week to get the contract signed because one of the two owners was out of the country at the time. One week is about my limit.

Fortunately, that same seller was extremely prompt with returning the closing documents, even though the seller needs to get those notarized.

Good luck!
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:01 PM   #10
avsheffi
Grand Villa

Quote:
*ETA -- what excuses are they giving for the delay?
They are saying that she is an elderly lady and she had trouble signing the documents electronically and she doesn't drive, so she's going to have her son or daughter bring her in this Friday to sign them. I told the agent that I would give them until Friday (which will be 2 1/2 weeks).