home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 03:47 PM   #1
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Default What is your favorite meal at Disney World?

Dieting always makes me think about food . So I have a question for everyone. What is your favorite meal at WDW? Include the restaurant, please. But this is more about really yummy food than an overall favorite restaurant. The food can come from a restaurant, food cart, kiosk, etc. In fact, let's do this:

Favorite appetizer:

Favorite meal:

Favorite dessert:

Favorite snack:

Favorite drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic):

Add any other favorites that I might have forgotten! I have to think about it for a second, so feel free to start without me.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:09 PM   #2
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

Interesting question... it'll be fun to see all the responses.

Favorite meal - Mushroom risotto filet mignon at Le Cellier
Favorite dessert - Creme brulee at Chef de France
Favorite snack - churros or Dole whip
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:11 PM   #3
bamasrt
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Favorite appetizer: Queso Fundido at La Hacienda

Favorite meal: Either Hoop Dee Doo or Ohana

Favorite dessert: Ohana's Bread Pudding

Favorite snack: Three way tie between a Mickey Premium Bar, a Dole Whip and a Citrus Swirl

Favorite drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic): Don't really have a favorite drink

Have to add Tonga Toast as my favorite breakfast!
bamasrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:11 PM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Favorite appetizer: brie fondue at Spice Road or the bread service at Sanaa (both will be just a meal for me though)

Favorite meal: Tastes Like Chicken... Jungle Canteen. This is the one I get that is closest to the regular meal (onion issues here). Satu'li Canteen at AK is the best QS we all ever had. Spice Road had well loved meals by all as a whole too. It's a must do now for us.

Favorite dessert: Pistachios and Saffron Custard at Spice Road, Chocolate Cake at Whispering Canyon (it was a lava style cake with ice cream), or Butterscotch Bread Pudding at the Plaza. I had them all last week and really good. Some were repeats from before since I liked them so much! Oh also the Citron Tarte at Le Halles bakery in France.

Favorite snack: tie with Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich and Kaki Gori (Japan in Epcot)

Favorite drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic): Night Blossom at Pongu Pongu though the Schweitzer slush at Skipper Canteen is close. I'm not a huge fan of drinks (alcohol or not) beyond water really.

You didn't expect just one answer right?
Old 06-13-2018, 04:21 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Favorite appetizer: brie fondue at Spice Road or the bread service at Sanaa (both will be just a meal for me though)

Favorite meal: Tastes Like Chicken... Jungle Canteen. This is the one I get that is closest to the regular meal (onion issues here). Satu'li Canteen at AK is the best QS we all ever had. Spice Road had well loved meals by all as a whole too. It's a must do now for us.

Favorite dessert: Pistachios and Saffron Custard at Spice Road, Chocolate Cake at Whispering Canyon (it was a lava style cake with ice cream), or Butterscotch Bread Pudding at the Plaza. I had them all last week and really good. Some were repeats from before since I liked them so much! Oh also the Citron Tarte at Le Halles bakery in France.

Favorite snack: tie with Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich and Kaki Gori (Japan in Epcot)

Favorite drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic): Night Blossom at Pongu Pongu though the Schweitzer slush at Skipper Canteen is close. I'm not a huge fan of drinks (alcohol or not) beyond water really.

You didn't expect just one answer right?
Nope! We talk alot about favorite restaurants, but not always specific dishes. Just wondering what I might be missing!
Old 06-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #6
willow13579
Studio

Favorite appetizer: Bread Service from Saana

Favorite meal: Boeuf Bourguignon from Chefs de France

Favorite dessert: 7 Layer cake Top of the World

Favorite snack: Brioche ice cream sandwich from L'Artisan des Glaces

Favorite drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic): Mo'ara Margarita from Pangu Pangu
willow13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:31 PM   #7
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

Wait. We can only pick one of each! This is so hard!

Favorite appetizer - I will admit, I'm not an appetizer person. We did splurge at Yachtsman and got the truffle mac & cheese. Although now that I looked it up I realize it was actually a side dish.

Favorite meal - If you would've asked me a month ago, I would've said the Chicken Schwarma Platter at Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. That said, the chicken & rice bowl at Satu'li Canteen that I had a couple weeks ago was DELICIOUS! I had the creamy herb dressing as the sauce. Now my stomach is growling just thinking about it....

Favorite dessert - Bread Pudding at Raglan Road. Bread Pudding at Ohana is a close 2nd.

Favorite snack - The cream cheese pretzels that Disney can't decide if they're going to keep or take away. I like both the jalapeno cream cheese and the sweet cream cheese. We usually get one of each and share (that is, when they can both be found.) The Lunching Pad had both in February but were gone two weeks ago. I was told by a CM that the new pepperjack pretzel is disgusting I took his word for it and didn't try.

Favorite drink - Nonalcoholic: toss up between a Le'Fou Brew and Night Blossom. I tend to think of a Le'Fou Brew as a breakfast drink (since we usually go there for breakfast) and Night Blossom as an afternoon refreshment. Alcoholic - Tokyo Sunset from Japan. (I think this is what it's actually called. We always forget and make up our own names LOL. One of which is Shanghai Sunrise, which doesn't even make sense )

This thread is going to make me so hungry!
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:31 PM   #8
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow13579 View Post
Favorite appetizer: Bread Service from Saana

Favorite meal: Boeuf Bourguignon from Chefs de France

Favorite dessert: 7 Layer cake Top of the World

Favorite snack: Brioche ice cream sandwich from L'Artisan des Glaces

Favorite drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic): Mo'ara Margarita from Pangu Pangu

I've been to TOWL several times and every single time I say I'm going to get that cake. I still haven't
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:36 PM   #9
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
I've been to TOWL several times and every single time I say I'm going to get that cake. I still haven't
It's yummy! I almost went with that as my choice too!
Old 06-13-2018, 04:41 PM   #10
Fiveresorts
One Bedroom

Favorite appetizer: Kazaan Roll California Grill

Favorite meal:Buffet at Boma

Favorite dessert: No Way Jose Beaches & Cream

Favorite snack:Mickey Ice Cream Bar

Favorite drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic):Bottomless milk shake Whispering Canyon Cafe