home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-11-2018, 09:53 AM   #1
PinkDisney29
Studio

Default Stay one night and switch or change resorts all together?

We currently have Copper Creek booked for January, but the first night is not available for a studio. We are torn on what to do since we donít relly want to pack up after one night with two little ones. So what would you do?

Switch resorts all together to:
Bay Lake (never stayed)
Poly (stayed once)
Boardwalk (stayed there our last trip in May)

Or...just suck it up and book one night elsewhere and stay at copper creek the remaining 5 nights?

Or...cut the trip short one day and stay at copper creek?

We do have a wait list but we will need to book flights before that happens so need to have a plan. I am also thinking this will not come in anyway since there are so few studios dedicated at this point.

We have stayed at copper creek one time already and loved it. But so far we have really loved all the resorts we stayed.
PinkDisney29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:00 AM   #2
ajc
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkDisney29 View Post
We currently have Copper Creek booked for January, but the first night is not available for a studio. We are torn on what to do since we donít relly want to pack up after one night with two little ones. So what would you do?

Switch resorts all together to:
Bay Lake (never stayed)
Poly (stayed once)
Boardwalk (stayed there our last trip in May)

Or...just suck it up and book one night elsewhere and stay at copper creek the remaining 5 nights?

Or...cut the trip short one day and stay at copper creek?

We do have a wait list but we will need to book flights before that happens so need to have a plan. I am also thinking this will not come in anyway since there are so few studios dedicated at this point.

We have stayed at copper creek one time already and loved it. But so far we have really loved all the resorts we stayed.
Is BRV available the night of interest? That way you can use overnight bag without a complete unpack and store luggage for the day then check into CCV after park touring.
or is there a cash room available?
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:09 AM   #3
PinkDisney29
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Is BRV available the night of interest? That way you can use overnight bag without a complete unpack and store luggage for the day then check into CCV after park touring.
or is there a cash room available?
BRV isnít available either. We were thinking cash room as well and then maybe the waitlist would come in and we could cancel.
PinkDisney29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:12 AM   #4
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

How little are your little ones? If you plan on having them take naps, you'd likely be without a room on moving day (if the new room isn't available until 4:00). Depending on your arrival time at your first resort that could be two days sans naps for the kids (if no room until 4:00 there either).

I'm guessing you're not able to extend your trip by a day to get the full length of stay you were wanting?

If you're looking at different resorts, BLT is walkable to Magic Kingdom so I know lots of families with small kids like it. The downside is that the rooms are smaller than most other studios. Poly is really convenient too; it's not walkable, but has lots of transportation options. It's really kid-friendly (we just stayed there with 3 kids) and the studios are the largest on property. I guess you know that, as you've already stayed there.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:39 AM   #5
ajc
Two Bedroom

maybe Kidani on first day and park touring at AKP if room is available?
Moving is a pain but with CCV and BRV you will have access to amenities such as pool and showers with cabanas at BRV quiet pool as a possible option on day of check in.
If sleeping for naps is an issue there is a great upper floor lobby that is really dark and quiet in the WL main lobby region (we were doing a split stay and were tired from late night moonlight magic until room was ready) and managed to nap upstairs but YMMV.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:51 AM   #6
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
BRV isnít available either. We were thinking cash room as well and then maybe the waitlist would come in and we could cancel.
This is exactly what I would do. Get a cash room and keep the WL. Good luck!
Old 06-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #7
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Eh, I'd just switch to BLT for whole trip. You've never been and would be nice to try. Though you said studio....BLT's are small. We did BLT studio as a couple only and it was fine for us but would not want big kids with us in that studio (maybe 1 or 2 littles).

I like the other suggestion of booking AKV that one night and then switch over to CCV (but wait list that night at CCV). We had to do that once, book AKV for first night and then switched to BWV. It was a nice dose of AKV. We went to AK. We had dinner at Sanaa. Might have even done a 11am breakfast at Boma on switch day (before heading to BWV).

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV before Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon Oct 14-15 at HHI and Dec 19-23 at BWV
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS and May???

Last edited by Lamima; 06-11-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:24 AM   #8
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I wouldn't do BLT in a studio. It was cramped with just 2 adults. We lived our stay at Copper Creek. You're still far enough out that I would waitlist both studio types ands hope for the best. Maybe get a cash room as back up.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #9
WildGinger
Studio

I would either switch to the Poly for the whole stay or I would book one night cash ressie somewhere I haven't stayed and then move.
WildGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:12 PM   #10
dvf_diva
Grand Villa

Quote:
BRV isn’t available either. We were thinking cash room as well and then maybe the waitlist would come in and we could cancel.
This is a smart plan.

You would have 5 days prior to arrival to cancel. Worst case scenario is a cash room.
I'd suggest call MS to see if DVC discount for cash room available at either BRV or CCV. Compare that to direct cash booking.

June 2018 VGF
July 2018 SSR/Dream
Oct 2018 BWV/BLT
Feb 2019 BLT&VGF
dvf_diva is offline   Reply With Quote