home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-07-2018, 09:15 AM   #1
kiapgh23e
Grand Villa

Default Touring Plans ressie sniper

How does the TP ressie finder exactly work? I signed up for a chef mickey search with text and email. If they find a ressie do they book it for me, or is just an alert sent to me to get on and try to be the first to grab it?

Thanks.

MOD 97
kiapgh23e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:24 AM   #2
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiapgh23e View Post
How does the TP ressie finder exactly work? I signed up for a chef mickey search with text and email. If they find a ressie do they book it for me, or is just an alert sent to me to get on and try to be the first to grab it?

Thanks.
They will send you an email, then you can check online (or call) and find out it's already taken.
Seriously, I've had reasonably good luck with it on non-character meals, even getting lunch at Be Our Guest.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:37 AM   #3
kiapgh23e
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
They will send you an email, then you can check online (or call) and find out it's already taken.
Seriously, I've had reasonably good luck with it on non-character meals, even getting lunch at Be Our Guest.
Thanks.

MOD 97
Old 06-07-2018, 09:41 AM   #4
LouisianaMike
Studio

Yep!! They text and email you once the reservation finder locates a vacancy within your time and date range. I just snagged a lunch at Via Napoli for this Sunday a few minutes ago. Our favorite place to eat pizza on property, no doubt..

LouisianaMike
LouisianaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:46 PM   #5
rer1972
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Recently used it to get Cinderella's Royal Table the week of Thanksgiving; worked very well for us.

Just make sure that you click on the link in the email/text when you receive it. Otherwise you may waste precious moments logging into and searching for the reservation. If you are already logged into MDE on the device you use to receive the email/text, then clicking on the link will take you right to the reservation acceptance screen. You just have to continue with making the reservation.

Boulder Ridge Villas/Villas at Wilderness Lodge (Oct 2013, Dec 2010, Sept 2009, & Dec 2008), Animal Kingdom Lodge (May 2016, Sept 2008), Vero Beach Resort (May 2016), Ft. Wilderness Camp Ground (Aug 2007 & Feb 2007), Pop Century (Dec 2010, Sept 2009, & Aug 2007), All-Star Movies (2006), Dolphin Resort (1998), Off-Site (2002, 1999, 1996, 1994, & 1992)
rer1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:44 PM   #6
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rer1972 View Post
Recently used it to get Cinderella's Royal Table the week of Thanksgiving; worked very well for us.

Just make sure that you click on the link in the email/text when you receive it. Otherwise you may waste precious moments logging into and searching for the reservation. If you are already logged into MDE on the device you use to receive the email/text, then clicking on the link will take you right to the reservation acceptance screen. You just have to continue with making the reservation.
Be aware, the link in the email or text only works once. If you cannot book through that link, then log on and check for yourself. It might well be there is more than one ADR available.

And if you are not successful at bookimg, then you need to go back into TP and restart the search.

You can have two searches active at any time.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 04:13 PM   #7
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Iíve had tremendous luck using TP reservation finder and MouseDining reservation finder. Just this week Iíve snatched up my preferred reservations for Be Our Guest, Yak & Yeti, and Victoria & Albertís. The V&A res is on my birthday no less! You can set up two searches on TP, but you can set up six on MouseDining. Good luck and act quickly when that text message comes through!
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:30 PM   #8
kiapgh23e
Grand Villa

Thanks for all the replies. Another question, anyone know how often the search goes? Is it continuous or periodically through the day? I usually check 4-5 times a day myself.

MOD 97
Old 06-07-2018, 05:42 PM   #9
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiapgh23e View Post
Thanks for all the replies. Another question, anyone know how often the search goes? Is it continuous or periodically through the day? I usually check 4-5 times a day myself.
I think it's every 2-3 hours, especially for the common requests.

Len Testa has said most search requests are for around 6 restaurants, which makes it possible (and cost effective) to run it as they do.

It isn't a bot, as others were, which is why the TP one wasn't shut down. That, plus the fact they don't actually make the bookings, and they also registered as a TA to make the searches legit.( In other words they worked with Disney to follow their rules ).
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:05 PM   #10
amydevoe
One Bedroom

This is great info! Thanks for posting. I will need to set this up to find a better time for one of our reservations in November.
amydevoe is offline   Reply With Quote