home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 06-02-2018, 12:59 PM   #1
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa
 
pooh bears mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 3,760
Default Animation class 101 at reunion station

I was on the perks page earlier today and noticed this class. We are very interested in it. Has anyone done this?
__________________
pooh bears mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:14 PM   #2
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa
 
pooh bears mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 3,760
Default

No that is not correct as I just spoke with a cast member too. It is open to members staying on property and it is only Thursday afternoons. I actually booked it:-)and I am not staying at CCV or BRV
__________________

Last edited by pooh bears mom; 06-02-2018 at 05:28 PM.
pooh bears mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #3
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
No that is not correct as I just spoke with a cast member too. It is open to members staying on property and it is only Thursday afternoons. I actually booked it:-)and I am not staying at CCV or BRV

Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:23 PM   #4
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,616
Default

This is the only Disney DB I use, and I don't FB. Anyone see any reviews on the phone camera class they were offering last month? I was really interested in that one.
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:02 PM   #5
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa
 
pooh bears mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 3,760
Default

the photography class looks interesting too. I wonder if they are doing these classes at reunion station to try to get more guests over to CCV to interest them in adding on to their membership...
__________________
pooh bears mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:10 AM   #6
MIDisfan
Studio
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
No that is not correct as I just spoke with a cast member too. It is open to members staying on property and it is only Thursday afternoons. I actually booked it:-)and I am not staying at CCV or BRV
Thanks for the info. Thought about trying a different CM yesterday because we all know how well new information is handled by member services but the CM I spoke seemed prepared with his response. Should have known better.
MIDisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:13 PM   #7
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDisfan View Post
Thanks for the info. Thought about trying a different CM yesterday because we all know how well new information is handled by member services but the CM I spoke seemed prepared with his response. Should have known better.
The over priced concierge hours are restricted to CCV/BRV guests but the classes have always been open for any DVC members just as the painting ones at BLT have been.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:27 AM   #8
unveilmyeyes
Studio
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDisfan View Post
Was interested as well for my youngest daughter.
I looked into also for my daughter, I noticed this fine print: Participants younger than 18 must be accompanied by a paying, participating parent or guardian. Not sure how young your daughter is but if teenager like mine and you were thinking of dropping off, just wanted to mention...
unveilmyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:36 PM   #9
noreen99
Two Bedroom
 
noreen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
The over priced concierge hours are restricted to CCV/BRV guests but the classes have always been open for any DVC members just as the painting ones at BLT have been.
We did the painting class @ BLT and it was a little disappointing. It was not a class so much as here are some stencils to trace...The instructor seemed a little offended that my son didn't want to use the stencils and was drawing freehand instead.

Was hoping to try the animation class next trip but hoping for some reviews first
noreen99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #10
MIDisfan
Studio
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unveilmyeyes View Post
I looked into also for my daughter, I noticed this fine print: Participants younger than 18 must be accompanied by a paying, participating parent or guardian. Not sure how young your daughter is but if teenager like mine and you were thinking of dropping off, just wanted to mention...
Appreciate the heads up. Even though my daughters are adults, I was told my wife or I had to attend as our daughters are not listed on the membership. I don't know if that's more misinformation from the CM or not. My animation skills are pretty abysmal so I'll sit that one out.
MIDisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:37 PM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software