home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-22-2018, 04:51 PM   #1
Strangeite
Studio

Default Rude CMs at Epcot lounge

It's the strangest thing about the Epcot DVC lounge. Since its opening, we have had three trips to Disney, and each time, both myself and my wife have felt the CMs have been really rude.

Almost like, "You don't belong here but I can't say anything."

We are really laid back people, 99 times out of 100 chalk up bad customer service as to feeling empathy for the worker.

Perhaps it has simply been bad luck on our part, but I have never experienced anything like it at Disney. And three times now.

Weird
Old 05-22-2018, 05:17 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Not the only one.

We've had neutral experiences and we've had negative experiences. We have not experienced what I would term a positive, friendly experience.

What have we done there? Entered, gotten a drink, selected a snack if it's come around and exited the lounge. And yet we've only managed to have neutral to negative experiences from the CM's in our tiny, minor interactions with them.

So we rarely have gone to the lounge. And maybe that's the response they are trying to encourage.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:24 PM   #3
Strangeite
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
What have we done there? Entered, gotten a drink, selected a snack if it's come around and exited the lounge. And yet we've only managed to have neutral to negative experiences from the CM's in our tiny, minor interactions with them.
On our last trip, we had been up there for about 20 minutes so my phone could charge and on our way out, they came out with the snack cart. Right in front of us. I said, "Hey kids, do you want a snack?"

The lady snapped at me saying, "They can not. You have to wait until I come around to you."

Uhhhh ok. If we hadn't had a FP for Test Track and wanting to beat the rain that was coming, I probably would have pushed the issue that time.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:25 PM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Interesting. I've only had very positive or neutral experiences. In fact our first 4 or 5 times visiting it was so positive we really looked forward to going back. It's something we must do every trip.

I'd say our neutral experiences were when we had no CM interaction. The positive ones were when CMs were friendly and nice. Just curious, how were they rude?
Old 05-22-2018, 05:56 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Iíve never actually been in the lounge, so I have no idea what the CM up there may or may not be like. The one time I attempted to access the lounge, I was told ďyou canít go up there right now. It will be at least a 20 minute wait for you. Okay. I was traveling solo, and just needed to charge my phone for a sec. and who knew that an hour after park opening there would be a waiting list for a lounge with no bathrooms? Whatever. I told the rude CM that I might wait in line for a ride, but not a place to charge my phone. Bought a fuel rod, fun resumed. Epcot is hands down my least favorite park, and I donít spend enough time there to need the lounge. Not surprised that others have had negative experiences.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:35 PM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Canít say Iíve ever really noticed. Iíd say neutral to somewhat positive, I guess.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:48 PM   #7
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Interesting. I've only had very positive or neutral experiences. In fact our first 4 or 5 times visiting it was so positive we really looked forward to going back. It's something we must do every trip.

I'd say our neutral experiences were when we had no CM interaction. The positive ones were when CMs were friendly and nice. Just curious, how were they rude?
Our experiences have been the same as yours. Sorry to hear that others did not receive the same.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:53 PM   #8
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayandry View Post
Our experiences have been the same as yours. Sorry to hear that others did not receive the same.
Same here. Positive experience the couple times we went. Nothing worth mentioning one way or another. I don't remember the snack interaction per se, but kids remembered the snack and drink machine affectionately.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:06 PM   #9
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Canít say Iíve ever really noticed. Iíd say neutral to somewhat positive, I guess.
Same here. Nothing to write home about...but nothing to write here about (except to mention that it's nothing to write here about )

Cheers.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:39 PM   #10
ffstreetdoc
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Maybe you are expecting too much? I don't think it was ever intended to be a "we are rolling out the red carpet for you" kind of thing. We think they do a great job in there. A "Welcome home" and a cool place to take a break during a long day. Free drinks, snacks and a quiet comfortable seat is more than 99.9% of EPCOT guests will ever see.
ffstreetdoc is offline   Reply With Quote