home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tips and Tricks for First-Timers and Fanatics
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #1
ResalesDVC
TRUSTED BOARD SPONSOR!!

Default Mobile Ordering at WDW

Early last year, Disney rolled out a way to pre-order your meals at select quick-service restaurants using the My Disney Experience app. Our guest blogger, Leah, took it for a test-run at Magic Kingdom and shared her experience along with a few tips --> https://www.resalesdvc.com/mobile-or...-disney-world/

Have you tried it yet? What did you think?
Kristen Tutas, Lic. Broker Associate
Rachel Thompson, Lic. Broker Associate
Meet Our Entire Team

ResalesDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

I have seen it, experimented with it, but have not actually used it.

I was thinking about in Park Quick service dining and realize that I really don't use them anymore......or hardly at all.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:48 AM   #3
Olaf2018
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We used it for our lunch at BOG, which got us in much quicker than the non-preorder group and had our lunch in about 10 minutes after sitting down. I highly recommend it, especially for BOG.
Olaf2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:53 AM   #4
DisneyPhD
One Bedroom

Mobile ordering definitely saved us some time at both Sautuli Canteen and Aloha Isle as there were about 15-20 people in line at each location when we used the app.

We did have an issue at Aloha Isle where the app kept saying the order had failed to go through. A phone reboot fixed the problem but it turned out that the previous attempts had gone through. The cast member at the pick up counter asked if we really wanted 3 dole whip and when we told him just the one, he was able to cancel the first two.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:01 PM   #5
Lolaura84
Studio

Default Peco's Bill's

It was pretty magical to use at Peco's Bill's in January. Our group of 8 looked at the online menu and ordered on the app during our walk from Fantasyland at around noon. There were lines out the door to order, and our food was ready at the counter by the time we got there. We messed up the process though by not ordering drinks on the app; I thought about testing it by ordering drinks on the app and having my husband wait in line to see which was faster, but he really wanted to stand in line (don't ask).
We did the same thing the next day ordering during prime lunch time at Flame Tree at AKL during the walk from Pandora. Again, the food was ready by the time we got there - and this time we did order our drinks so no wait.
My experience with it was great. It was before you could use any dining plan credits with the mobile order, which might have contributed to its little use.
Lolaura84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:21 PM   #6
Joeli
Two Bedroom

We used the mobile ordering app last week when we were in Magic Kingdom at Peco Bills, and it was fantastic. We ordered as we walked out from Pirates and the Lines at the restaurant were crazy, our family of 4 grabbed a table and waited until the notification came that it was ready. Went and grabbed it, no issues whatsoever.

We also used it at Cosmic Rays for another meal, and it was just as easy and smooth. This time I had forgotten to order the drinks and didnt realize until we were sitting with our trays at the table. So instead of waiting online, I went ahead and ordered the drinks, and it was fast and easy ready for me to grab. Highly enjoyed the NON wait and ease of use.

Upcoming:
Sept 2020 - DCL Fantasy
May 2020 - PVB
Apr 2020 - PVB
Mar 2020 - PVB
Feb 2020 - BWV
Dec/Jan 2020 - PVB/BWV (Split for NYE)
Dec 2019 - RCCL Allure of the Seas
Nov 2019 - BWV
Oct 2019 - BWV

Done:
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:36 PM   #7
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Our only issue was when we ordered from Caseys Corner in February. We were a party of 7, placed the order. We ladies went and grabbed a table over at Tomorrowland Terrace and the guys picked up the order. About 3/4 of the way thru the meal, we realized we did not have the corn dog nuggets that the table was going to share (no ones main meal). And at that point, no one volunteered to go and stand in line to straighten it out, so we just let it go.

I never did get those Corn Dog nuggets.

We also used it for Columbia Harbor House and it worked like a charm there as well.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #8
ocean702
Two Bedroom

Love mobile ordering! Definitely saved tons of time at Caseyís and Satuli. Did not feel as though it helped as much at Luxe Burger-maybe because they still bring it to your table where as we picked up at the other two places?

But please...shhhhh... donít tell your friends how awesome this is or everyone will do it and thereís go our advantage! Hahaha!
ocean702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:19 PM   #9
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I've used Mobile Ordering with great success at Satuli Canteen and Flame Tree Barbecue. I love being able to snag a table and just get the meal when ready.

If I recall, we also used it D Luxe Burger at Disney Springs. That was a real plus given the crowds.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:44 PM   #10
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Looking forward to using it at some point soon. Would have used on several trips now if only I ever dined at quick service, haha. Even a snack Iím much more likely to end up at a lounge. Oh well, sometime soon.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote