home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-13-2018, 09:44 AM   #1
bassetbeauty
Grand Villa

Default Jambo AKV VALUE 2 bedroom question

A few years back, we traveled with my best friend and her fiance. It was a perfect trip. We spent some of our time together in the parks, but also split up and did our own thing...we are a family of 5...they are adults without kids. We stayed in BWV studios.
For this trip (which is a distance aways and hasn't formulated), I was hoping to grab a 2 bedroom value villa at AKV. If not, a standard 2 bedroom. I know this is subjective, but considering we have all been fine in studios (family of 5) and group of 2...would the value 2 bedroom be enough room for 4 adults and 3 kids (ages 10-15- but on the small side).??? Any feedback would be great.
bassetbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

As you said, this is very subjective. I would be concerned with everyone’s comfort level with this setup. Your best friends don’t have kids, and may not be accustomed to having 3 tween-teens underfoot 24/7. Just to get to the kitchen for morning coffee, they would have to enter the common area where your kids would be sleeping. I might look at a 2Br lockoff instead. At least then your friends would have their own room entrance, balcony, and kitchenette. I’m not saying it won’t work, because everyone is different. I’m just a fan of everyone having their own “space” to retreat into. Best of luck with whatever you decide!

Question...Does Jambo even have lock off units? I’ve never looked. Gotta check that out!!
Old 05-13-2018, 10:48 AM   #3
FessParker1
Two Bedroom

You could always go with Kidani and get the extra bathroom. No value option though. Would definitely try for a lock off.
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:50 AM   #4
brp
Add-on Aficionado

We have done 4 adults and 2 kids (us, brother, sister-in-law, niece and her friend) in a BCV 2BR comfortably. It might get a little tight with another kid, but certainly could work. The closeness of the groups really matters most.

Cheers.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:07 PM   #5
fabricmage
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I own at AKV. All the 2-bedroom values are lock-offs. I think the 2 bedroom lock-offs at Jambo or Kidani would be fine. I have put 7 in them (2 adults, 5 teens) and we had lots of room. The teens watched TV in their studio very late at night while DH and I went to bed in the master. No problem.
fabricmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:12 PM   #6
fabricmage
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Also, wanted to add, you might want to get an air mattress for the 5th child in a 2-bedroom value. (that's what we did). There are 1 bed in the master, 1 pull-out couch in the kitchen/common area, 1 bed and 1 pull-out couch in the studio portion with max occupancy of 8. So 2 adults in the master, 2 adults in the studio, 2 kids on the pull-out couch and 1 kid on the air mattress. The regular 2-bedrooms have a sleeper chair that converts to a single bed so you wouldn't need the air mattress.
fabricmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:14 PM   #7
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

What is your plan for the 3 kids sleeping? The value 2BR will have the king in the master, a sleeper sofa in the living area and the queen bed and sleeper sofa in the second bedroom - aka studio side of the lock-off.

If you go with the standard view at Jambo you'd have an additional sleeper chair. And the standard view at Kidani would also have the sleeper chair in the living room, 2 queen beds in the second bedroom if you got a dedicated 2BR vs a queen bed and sleeper sofa in a lockoff although has advantages of having a little kitchenette for your friends plus both dedicated and lock-off at Kidani would have an extra bathroom in the living area.

Could you do it in the 1BR value? I'm sure most anything could be done! But the standard view seems to better fit your traveling group.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:12 PM   #8
bassetbeauty
Grand Villa

I haven't thought this through completely, but here is my recent idea...
They could have the master bedroom. We would have two kids in the room with us and one kid out in the living room. I figure if the standard studio (which we usually do) is 300ish sq feet...a 2 bedroom would give both of us more room to operate (them and us). ??? I'm still not sure if I'm on board with my own ideas. ha.
bassetbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:28 PM   #9
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetbeauty View Post
I haven't thought this through completely, but here is my recent idea...
They could have the master bedroom. We would have two kids in the room with us and one kid out in the living room. I figure if the standard studio (which we usually do) is 300ish sq feet...a 2 bedroom would give both of us more room to operate (them and us). ??? I'm still not sure if I'm on board with my own ideas. ha.
That should work and it would give you more room and amenities vs 2 studios.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:31 PM   #10
mikayla73
Grand Villa

You're way nicer than I would be with letting them have the master.

But if you gave them the master, it could probably work. They'd have their own space and bathroom. Though they would have to be aware and quiet since someone would be sleeping in the living room. I'd just make sure to have a discussion and lay out expectations before the trip.
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote