home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-19-2018, 04:04 PM   #1
imahockeynut23
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default SOON TO BE DVC OWNER AKL WITH QUESTIONS lol

Hey guys and gals,

Just joined the forum. I had a couple quick questions regarding the closing process and resorts.

1. We are waiting on the estoppel anyone know how long it takes for that as of recent and then how long till it is all finalized the company I'm using is open ended.

2. Would any owner out there be able to look at the availability for a 1BDR at AKL for Dec 16th - Dec 22nd for me. We are hoping to close in time to get something there to surprise our daughter for her birthday week down there.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ry
imahockeynut23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #2
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahockeynut23 View Post
Hey guys and gals,

Just joined the forum. I had a couple quick questions regarding the closing process and resorts.

1. We are waiting on the estoppel anyone know how long it takes for that as of recent and then how long till it is all finalized the company I'm using is open ended.

2. Would any owner out there be able to look at the availability for a 1BDR at AKL for Dec 16th - Dec 22nd for me. We are hoping to close in time to get something there to surprise our daughter for her birthday week down there.

Ry
There is availability just now for a 1 bed at Kidani, either standard or savanna view.

Nothing at all at Jambo, waitlist only.

Can't help with closing, sorry.

But
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:14 PM   #3
imahockeynut23

Default Thank

Thank you Nickys. Hopefully there will still be availability once we close she doesn't know and she keeps seeing commercials and asked for it already as a gift HAHA.

Wish there was a way to book it since I know were closing and its coming backloaded with 250 points lol.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:28 PM   #4
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahockeynut23 View Post
Hey guys and gals,

Ry
Welcome! Congratulations on your purchase.

The dates you're requesting are during a very busy time but the waitlist can be your friend. When you get access to the members site check availability and waitlist what you need. Those dates are almost 8 months away. The sooner you get on the waitlist the better. No guarantees but if you're flexible you may be able to piece something together.

Hoping estoppel and closing go quickly for you.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:26 PM   #5
Duke3853

I would rent points now from another owner, and then rent your points out to someone else once you close and have them available to you. This will get you the week you want while it is available and renting your points out will pay yourself back.
Duke3853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:36 PM   #6
imahockeynut23

Duke3853 thank you that is a great idea how did I not think of that lol.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:19 PM   #7
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Thatís a tough week.
Donít be afraid to do a split stay if you can. A couple of days at AK would surely please your daughter. Then move on to SS or OKW if thatís a possibility

Hopefully all will come through fast for you and you can plan a fun adventure!

Best of luck!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:22 PM   #8
Kreis76
Studio

Default Estoppel/closing

We too just went through the process. It took us 15 days to get through estoppel. Now we are waiting for confirmation that the seller has returned their documents so we can finish closing and then get our member number which Iím told usually takes 10-14 days as well. I am more anxious now then I was waiting on ROFR because I just want it over
Kreis76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:45 PM   #9
Sephorin
Two Bedroom

Hello, imahockeynut23! I just closed on two contracts with two different title companies. The first took three weeks for estoppel. The second took one week for estoppel. Just to be clear: estoppel is what happens after your contract passes ROFR.

After Disney sends the estoppel stuff to your title company, then the title company will send you and the seller the closing documents. I am fortunate in that both my sellers got the closing documents returned within a couple of days, and the official closing happened one week after that.

Once the closing is finished, the paperwork gets filed with the Orange County Comptroller. Then two to four weeks after that, Disney will get you into their system and mail you a welcome packet. THEN you can make a reservation.

I am currently waiting on my welcome packet. My first contract was sent for ROFR on February 26. My second contract was sent on March 9. (The first contract actually closed one day AFTER the second contract.) I'm hoping to be able to start making reservations in early May.

Good luck with the waiting!
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:35 PM   #10
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your purchase!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote