home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-16-2018, 04:30 PM   #1
chunter
Two Bedroom

Default Extra Magic Hours for 5 if Studio Only Sleeps 4?

I'm looking at a Jan stay in a studio. There's 5 of us...2 adults and 3 little kids (youngest is 7). If we book a room at AK studio, for example, where it only sleeps 4, can we still get extra magic hours for all 5 of us? Or do I need to book a room that sleeps 5?

I'm trying boardwalk, but it seems to be all booked up.
chunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:15 PM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

You cannot book 5 in a 4 person room. You'll need to find a room that sleeps 5 to make it work.

Specifically they did scan all of our bands when we went to EMH the last time. We don't do it often though and it was at the IG so not as busy but still.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:37 PM   #3
BoardwalkNJ
One Bedroom

You cannot book a room that sleeps 4. You are a family of 5 so you must book a room that sleeps at least that many people. Disney has rules for a reason, and I suspect that fire codes also play a factor here. Maybe you should try for a 1 bedroom?
BoardwalkNJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:43 PM   #4
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Staying in a 1BR is awesome, especially when you are traveling with kids. You may think you donít need it but do it just once and you will be completely hooked.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:08 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
Staying in a 1BR is awesome, especially when you are traveling with kids. You may think you donít need it but do it just once and you will be completely hooked.
I second that! And my DD agrees as well. She just told me last night that we have to have more points, because she isnít ďthe studio typeĒ.
Iím not going to argue since I actually prefer 1BRís anyway, but honestly! She calls me a Diznerd, but I think Iíve raised a Dizsnob!
Old 04-16-2018, 06:14 PM   #6
noreen99
One Bedroom

Confused I thought that some of the 1 bedrooms sleep four but others its bring your own bedding
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:20 PM   #7
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
I'm looking at a Jan stay in a studio. There's 5 of us...2 adults and 3 little kids (youngest is 7). If we book a room at AK studio, for example, where it only sleeps 4, can we still get extra magic hours for all 5 of us? Or do I need to book a room that sleeps 5?

I'm trying boardwalk, but it seems to be all booked up.
If you have points, sure, a 1BDR is nicer than a studio.

However, just check this link for occupancy. The studios that support 5 are listed. Unfortunately you will be restricted to those. However, you do have many options availability permitting.
https://www.dvcrequest.com/cost-calculator.asp
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:24 PM   #8
PartPixie
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I second that! And my DD agrees as well. She just told me last night that we have to have more points, because she isnít ďthe studio typeĒ.
Iím not going to argue since I actually prefer 1BRís anyway, but honestly! She calls me a Diznerd, but I think Iíve raised a Dizsnob!
PartPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:27 PM   #9
all4disney
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
Confused I thought that some of the 1 bedrooms sleep four but others its bring your own bedding
The one-bedrooms that have four sleeping surfaces can have a fifth guest if you bring your own bedding. This includes Beach Club, Boardwalk, Saratoga, BRV, CCV and Hilton Head. All the other one-bedrooms have five sleeping surfaces. This isn't allowed in the four-person studios, however.
all4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:31 PM   #10
all4disney
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
To OP's question, I think the answer is no. If it's a four-person studio, I don't think they'll allow you to put the fifth person's name on the reservation. That person won't have a magic band that is tied to the resort.
all4disney is offline   Reply With Quote