home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-07-2018, 03:01 PM   #1
Pay10
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Studio pull out bed

For the people who mainly stay in studios or like staying in them, what are your thoughts on the couch pull out beds instead of having another regular bed? This is one thing that I don't like because it is always a fight on who gets it. I'm not sure if this is the case in all studios, but I know they are in the Polynesian's and Beach Club's (maybe Boardwalk's?) studios, which is what we are looking into to buy points. Are they comfortable enough that they feel like you are sleeping in a real bed? I'm just kind of surprised that the non DVC rooms have 2 beds, but the DVC rooms get a couch bed.
Pay10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #2
andy773
Studio

Iíve slept on them in Bay Lake Tower and found them surprisingly comfortable. No bar in the middle of your back. Iím over 50, 6í2Ē, and 250 pounds, so not a young kid who can sleep anywhere.
andy773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:47 PM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Nope. Don't find them comfortable.

At the annual meeting in December it was mentioned that DVC was going to get the sofa beds "right". We'll see. SSR is the one that will probably indicate what they have in mind as OKW seems to be getting the same old thing.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:09 PM   #4
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

My kids hate the sofa bed. They are young enough to adapt, but there is zero chance I would ever sleep on one.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #5
Pay10
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Nope. Don't find them comfortable.

At the annual meeting in December it was mentioned that DVC was going to get the sofa beds "right". We'll see. SSR is the one that will probably indicate what they have in mind as OKW seems to be getting the same old thing.
Maybe by the time I make up my mind about DVC they will have 2 beds
Pay10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:53 PM   #6
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

I don't mind the sofa beds at BLT at all. My biggest issue is the pillows. I've not slept on sofa beds at the other resorts.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:13 PM   #7
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pay10 View Post
Maybe by the time I make up my mind about DVC they will have 2 beds
OKW studios do and always have had them.

The reported picture from a test at SSR is a combo fold down sofa/murphy bed. The mattress is thicker and on a solid surface which I'd think has to be better than the pull out sofa bed but something that gives the option of a sitting area or a bed.

Personally, I want a king bed in the studios.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:31 PM   #8
cpnkirk
Two Bedroom

Quote:

The reported picture from a test at SSR is a combo fold down sofa/murphy bed. The mattress is thicker and on a solid surface which I'd think has to be better than the pull out sofa bed but something that gives the option of a sitting area or a bed.

I've slept on a pull down murphy before, and it was good. on the King bed!

I like the idea of having a couch and a bed that "disappears" for the extra walking around room. I haven't slept on the sofa beds, so I can't comment there. My 12yo son typically just sleeps on the couch without pulling it out

cpnkirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:40 PM   #9
JCinWonderland
One Bedroom

Quote:

King bed in Studios
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:45 PM   #10
clhlaptop
Grand Villa

For us we have a 15 and 13 year old. Our oldest can sleep on anything. At Poly I liked her sofa bed better than the hard mattress we had. Our 13 year old sleeps on the new twin beds that are under the tv. Works perfect for us because then everyone has a bed. She does prefer the redone room sleep sofas than the older ones. We loved that OKW had two real beds but then they had to share a bed in that studio. If they add the twin murphy bed to OKW and keep two queen beds we will be back to stay there. Everyone sleeps better that way.
clhlaptop is offline   Reply With Quote