home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-21-2018, 09:05 PM   #1
MichiganGood
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Hello from Hawaii!

Hey everyone, I wanted to introduce myself!

My name is Mike and I currently live in Hawaii with my wife and two sons (ages 8 and 6). We went to WDW back in 2015 and then to DL this last Christmas. I always dreamed of joining the DVC and they finally got us while we were in DL. We bought into Copper Creek and hope to stay there sometime in 2019/2020.

So, we currently live in Hawaii (military) and are staying in Aulani in May and then plan to stay there once more before we move (July 2019). After that, we will hopefully be going back and forth from DL to WDW. I am really excited to see Pixar Pier and the new Marvel Land and DL, but I'm even MORE excited to see all the new additions in WDW for the 50th anniversary!!!!

Well, I just wanted to say hello! I'll continue lurking! Thanks, everyone!
MichiganGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:07 PM   #2
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Welcome Mike to MO!

Regards,

Eric
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:09 PM   #3
brp
Add-on Aficionado

What's your address...and how much space do you have...?

Welcome!

Cheers.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:10 PM   #4
MichiganGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
What's your address...and how much space do you have...?

Welcome!

Cheers.
Haha, I really love living here. Been here since July of 2016, but I don't think I could stay forever. The food and weather are both amazing!
Old 03-21-2018, 09:12 PM   #5
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganGood View Post
Haha, I really love living here. Been here since July of 2016, but I don't think I could stay forever. The food and weather are both amazing!
mrs. brp did her doctorate in Hawai'i. She says that living there full-time was not as cool as it might seem. But we both love to visit (usually Hawai'i more than Oahu).

Cheers.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:14 PM   #6
Sephorin
One Bedroom

Welcome, sir! And thank you for your service to the country. It must be quite a long flight from Hawai'i to Disney World! How do your kids do on the flight?

My family (wife and daughter age 1) will probably be at Aulani (also a DVC property) in 2020 to meet some friends flying over from China. I look forward to touring your beautiful state!
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:15 PM   #7
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Welcome to MouseOwners! And thank you for your service! We own at BRV (the older part of Wilderness Lodge). I think that you and your family will love CCV. It's a beautiful resort, and is just a short bus/boat ride to the Magic Kingdom.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:17 PM   #8
MichiganGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
mrs. brp did her doctorate in Hawai'i. She says that living there full-time was not as cool as it might seem. But we both love to visit (usually Hawai'i more than Oahu).

Cheers.
I have been to the Big Island a couple times, and it's definitely my favorite!
Old 03-21-2018, 09:19 PM   #9
MichiganGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
Welcome, sir! And thank you for your service to the country. It must be quite a long flight from Hawai'i to Disney World! How do your kids do on the flight?

My family (wife and daughter age 1) will probably be at Aulani (also a DVC property) in 2020 to meet some friends flying over from China. I look forward to touring your beautiful state!
When we went to WDW we were living in CT actually so the flight wasn't that bad. They did fine. The flight from Honolulu to LA was terrible though. We had turbulence for the first 2.5 hours! One kid threw up 3 times, the other one threw up once. The trip during Christmas was amazing though. First time for any of us to visit DL so it was really a wonderful trip!
Old 03-21-2018, 09:20 PM   #10
MichiganGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Welcome to MouseOwners! And thank you for your service! We own at BRV (the older part of Wilderness Lodge). I think that you and your family will love CCV. It's a beautiful resort, and is just a short bus/boat ride to the Magic Kingdom.
I daydream about the first time we get to ride the boat to the magic kingdom. My wife grew up in Orlando so she is used to the 1-day trip to WDW where you leave super early and cram it all in in one day. When we stayed on site for 4 days she said it was like an entirely different place!