home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 09:44 PM   #1
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Default CONFIRMED: Disney Resorts Likely to Charge for Parking by Easter

Confirmed by Disney:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/gu...vices/parking/

Quote:
Resort Hotels
Registered Guests:

Overnight Self-Parking

Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.
Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:

Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night

Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking
Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.

Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Day Guests
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.

From Screamscape:

http://screamscape.com/html/walt_dis...rt.htm#General

Quote:
General Resort News - (3/13/18) Bad news for future Walt Disney World Resort guests. According to a Screamscape source, Disney is preparing to begin charging a new parking fee at all of their on-site resorts. I don't have the fine details yet, but we suspect that guests staying at the resort will now find some kind of daily parking fee added to their invoice, and anyone just wanting to drop by select resorts to visit, or even just to dine at some of the more popular restaurants, will also be facing these new parking fees.
I'm sure the details were surface very soon, as I'm told that the new fees are expected to be put into play sometime in the next few weeks... probably just in time to take advantage of the Spring Break crowds.
Now, Screamscape has mixed reliability, but the folks who run WDW Magic or are in the know indicate they have similar information.

Word is that DVC guests staying on points wil get free parking privileges for up to two cars.

Word also is that folks who have seen the information think the price is fairly high.

If true, we should know in the next week or so. So, all those folks who have a Disney cash reservation booked, look to add around $20 a day to your tab.

Resort fees likely to be added at a later time.

Dirk

Last edited by carolina_yankee; 03-14-2018 at 03:33 PM.
carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:07 PM   #2
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

WOW!! That is crazy. It is already expensive to go to Disney and stay on property. to add parking and probably resort fee is crazy. I know many resort do it around Disney, but Disney charges parking fees for all the folks staying off to enter the park. It seems many perks of staying on site, are disappearing. Why would a family choose to stay on Disney, when they could stay at the Swalphin for less, or in one of the Dsiney springs area hotels? Yes i love Disney, but, I don't think this is a good move for them.
I don't think they should charge people staying on points for parking or resort fees....our maintenance fees pay for upkeep of the resort, which includes I am sure parking.

Last edited by pooh bears mom; 03-13-2018 at 10:14 PM.
pooh bears mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:14 PM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

This is sad.....

Enough is enough already.

Nickel and Dime everywhere you turn.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:17 PM   #4
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

Boo. Not adding a parking fee made it easier to book at Disney. I don't have to piddle around with all the extra fees. Good job Disney. Throw your hat in with the rest of the area resorts. When we don't stay DVC, I am less inclined to book on-site if the perks keep fading. Resort fees and parking are a hassle. We will most likely just stay at one of our other timeshares.

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:20 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

I agree. There seems to be less incentive to stay onsite. How can that possibly be a positive business decision???
Old 03-13-2018, 10:26 PM   #6
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I know I've heard this rumor before. I think I said then I would rather these fees rolled into the room cost. Unless in a major city where parking is at a prime, I do not understand why any business would charge for it.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:27 PM   #7
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Even though we rarely have a car at Disney, I still think this is wrong. I realize that resort fees have become an industry standard, however, if I rent a room at a Marriott, I am not paying Marriott $1000+ for tickets to their special park, I am probably(maybe) only eating (1) meal at one of their onsite restaurants, I will not be buying their overpriced merchandise, I will not pay an extra fee to attend one of their special events that I have already paid a gate ticket for, and so on and so on.

For the price Disney is charging for their cash rooms, plus all of the above AND the price they charge offsite guests for parking at the parks, I think they can absorb parking fees for onsite guests.

Because we were snowed in today and for the hell of it, I priced out a cash room for my husband and I to get away for a few days in May for F&G. With their 20% off offer, Coronado had rooms for $223 per night. For $223 a night at an average motel room, I think a resort/parking fee is unnecessary. Just my .02 cents.
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:33 PM   #8
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
Even though we rarely have a car at Disney, I still think this is wrong. I realize that resort fees have become an industry standard, however, if I rent a room at a Marriott, I am not paying Marriott $1000+ for tickets to their special park, I am probably(maybe) only eating (1) meal at one of their onsite restaurants, I will not be buying their overpriced merchandise, I will not pay an extra fee to attend one of their special events that I have already paid a gate ticket for, and so on and so on.

For the price Disney is charging for their cash rooms, plus all of the above AND the price they charge offsite guests for parking at the parks, I think they can absorb parking fees for onsite guests.

Because we were snowed in today and for the hell of it, I priced out a cash room for my husband and I to get away for a few days in May for F&G. With their 20% off offer, Coronado had rooms for $223 per night. For $223 a night at an average motel room, I think a resort/parking fee is unnecessary. Just my .02 cents.
Totally agree with you!
Old 03-13-2018, 10:58 PM   #9
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Having a hard time believing the rumor as far as DVC goes. Parking lots are part of common elements that our dues pay to maintain. Don't believe they can legally charge us to park unless they also give us proportionate share of the revenue. Like that would ever happen, lol.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:22 PM   #10
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Having a hard time believing the rumor as far as DVC goes. Parking lots are part of common elements that our dues pay to maintain. Don't believe they can legally charge us to park unless they also give us proportionate share of the revenue. Like that would ever happen, lol.
I believe the article stated "DVC members staying onsite with points will receive free parking for up to 2 cars".

We can only hope...
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote