home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 04:56 PM   #1
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Default Any Tips For First Time VB Visit?

We'll be heading to Vero Beach for our first time this June and was hoping to get some advice about the place. Restaurants to make reservations at? Things to not miss? Should we book the character meal in advance? We will be four adults and three kids for a three night stay with a minivan so we'll be mobile. Thanks for any tips. We can't wait!
Old 03-13-2018, 05:15 PM   #2
DisneyObsessed
Studio

When in June are you going? We are going 1-6. It's our first visit there also so I'm going to follow along! I did read a suggestion to sign up for ($) something in the evening with turtles, looking for nests and learning about their habitat/habits.
DisneyObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:32 PM   #3
bwvBound
Grand Villa

We enjoy renting kayaks or other small craft at Sebastian Inlet. We also enjoy the turtle talks/walks and make a point to watch for turtle tracks along the beach.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #4
mikesmom88
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Vero Beach is a favorite of ours. We purchased our DVC when we were there in 1999 and our son was married there in November 2017. We have done the turtle nesting tour and it is amazing. There is lots to do on property, nice pool, mini golf and also banana boat rides, boogie boards, umbrellas and chair rentals on the beach. There are many restaurants in the area to try. A few of our favorites are the Ocean Grille (a bit expensive), Pizzoodles (casual), The Twisted Pickle (sandwich shop) Brooklyn Water Bagels and the Italian Cousin. The front desk has a book with menus (if they still have it).
The have a character breakfast (family style) and a Pirate Dinner (if they are still offering this).
My sisters and I are going back fro a long Mother's Day weekend & spa treatments (the spa is wonderful)
Enjoy your trip
mikesmom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:43 PM   #5
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyObsessed View Post
When in June are you going? We are going 1-6. It's our first visit there also so I'm going to follow along! I did read a suggestion to sign up for ($) something in the evening with turtles, looking for nests and learning about their habitat/habits.
Just missing you! We arrive on the 6th. Anyone have more info about signing up for this evening turtle event? Wouldn't want to miss that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmom88 View Post
Vero Beach is a favorite of ours. We purchased our DVC when we were there in 1999 and our son was married there in November 2017. We have done the turtle nesting tour and it is amazing. There is lots to do on property, nice pool, mini golf and also banana boat rides, boogie boards, umbrellas and chair rentals on the beach. There are many restaurants in the area to try. A few of our favorites are the Ocean Grille (a bit expensive), Pizzoodles (casual), The Twisted Pickle (sandwich shop) Brooklyn Water Bagels and the Italian Cousin. The front desk has a book with menus (if they still have it).
The have a character breakfast (family style) and a Pirate Dinner (if they are still offering this).
My sisters and I are going back fro a long Mother's Day weekend & spa treatments (the spa is wonderful)
Enjoy your trip
Thanks for all this info! Love that they have a mini golf! Do you think we should make advance reservations for the character breakfast/pirate dinner? For the turtle nesting tour?
Old 03-13-2018, 07:45 PM   #6
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
We enjoy renting kayaks or other small craft at Sebastian Inlet. We also enjoy the turtle talks/walks and make a point to watch for turtle tracks along the beach.
Thanks!
Old 03-14-2018, 10:13 AM   #7
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmom88 View Post
Enjoy your trip
Congratulations to the happy couple!
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:37 PM   #8
Commish
Studio

Even though I own at VB - have only stayed 3 nights there - probably got sick of the restaurants by day 2 (limited options) The Pool is similar to OKW and the Beach is outstanding (many many turtle nest sites) We rented wave runners which was fun .

I think the best thing to do at VB is to just RELAX s (& mini-golf)

Last edited by Commish; 03-14-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:23 PM   #9
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

If possible, could you please report back after you’ve been there on how you liked it and your tips? We’ve never stayed there and always meant to get around to it.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:28 PM   #10
mikesmom88
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
Just missing you! We arrive on the 6th. Anyone have more info about signing up for this evening turtle event? Wouldn't want to miss that!

Thanks for all this info! Love that they have a mini golf! Do you think we should make advance reservations for the character breakfast/pirate dinner? For the turtle nesting tour?
We never made advance reservations but usually do not go in the summer. To be certain I would give them a call. Enjoy!

DVC Member since 1999
Platinum Castaway Club Member
mikesmom88 is offline   Reply With Quote