home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 11:40 AM   #1
Bingautos
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Thanksgiving Inside 7 Mos.

My wife and I purchased a Poly contract last year and are waiting for ROFR on an AKL contract now. I have never actually made an official DVC reservation as our trip last year was a "Welcome Home" reservation and we rented our points for this year due to a new baby coming in the next week, thinking we wouldn't go this year. Well low and behold we are now itching to get back and want to go over Thanksgiving this year. I was going to waitlist now using our Poly points, but I would rather use the new AKL points we will be getting as there is almost a full allotment of last years points on the contract that need to be used. In your experience what will the availability be at any of the resorts either studio or 1 bedroom for Thanksgiving week inside of 7 mos? Our contract was sent to Disney on 3/6 so assuming we get the contract, 60 days should be 5/6 which is 2 weeks inside of the 7 mo. booking window.
Thanks in advance!!
Bingautos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #2
cpnkirk
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingautos View Post
My wife and I purchased a Poly contract last year and are waiting for ROFR on an AKL contract now. I have never actually made an official DVC reservation as our trip last year was a "Welcome Home" reservation and we rented our points for this year due to a new baby coming in the next week, thinking we wouldn't go this year. Well low and behold we are now itching to get back and want to go over Thanksgiving this year. I was going to waitlist now using our Poly points, but I would rather use the new AKL points we will be getting as there is almost a full allotment of last years points on the contract that need to be used. In your experience what will the availability be at any of the resorts either studio or 1 bedroom for Thanksgiving week inside of 7 mos? Our contract was sent to Disney on 3/6 so assuming we get the contract, 60 days should be 5/6 which is 2 weeks inside of the 7 mo. booking window.
Thanks in advance!!
Last year we got access to our new resale contract on 5/4, and (after a few changes) ended up with a 1BR stay over thanksgiving week (4 nights BWV, 2 @ BRV, 1 @ AKV in a value). We were unable to get a studio during that time anywhere. We also had options at SSR during that time frame.

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:18 PM   #3
Bingautos

Thanks. There is availability now at SSR and AKL for studios. So I have been kicking around the idea of going to Davids for a rental for the week, but ultimately I would rather use our own points once the get posted.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks. There is availability now at SSR and AKL for studios. So I have been kicking around the idea of going to Davids for a rental for the week, but ultimately I would rather use our own points once the get posted.
I'd just wait. If you don't have your new points right at 7 months you can book with the Poly points and once the AKV points post ask MS to reallocate to use them. That is assuming they are going under the same UY membership? As long as the reservation is done at 7 months when any points could have been used they will reallocate as long as it's under the same UY membership. Since you're open to 1BR's and I assume any resort I think you'll get something somewhere at 7 months.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:28 PM   #5
Bingautos

Both contracts are same UY. However I would have to borrow the Poly points to make the reservation at 7mos. When they re-allocate after my AKL points post. Will they put my 2018 points back to 2018. I have a DEC UY.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:09 PM   #6
cedel47
Studio

Poly is fully booked (Std and Lake) for Thanksgiving week now. Hoping something opens up at 7 months, as I need to add a fourth night on the 20th to my currently reserved three nights. Have wait listed the 20th but there has been no availability for a couple weeks now after I scooped up the other nights.
cedel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:23 PM   #7
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Both contracts are same UY. However I would have to borrow the Poly points to make the reservation at 7mos. When they re-allocate after my AKL points post. Will they put my 2018 points back to 2018. I have a DEC UY.
No, once points are borrowed they stay put in the year they are borrowed into so that won't work.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:05 PM   #8
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Agreed that I think youíll get something, and congratulations on your upcoming arrival!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:10 PM   #9
JEaley

I'm going for Thanksgiving also but I haven't booked a studio. I was waiting for the 7 month window because I have to borrow. Should I book my SSR before the 7 month window?
JEaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:39 PM   #10
Bingautos

Thanks for the reassurance. Iíll will try my best to stay patient until our AKL contract is closed!
Thanks Brian. Third child coming. We have an 11 year old and an 8 yr old so we took a little break but we are looking forward to this next chapter!