home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 05:21 PM   #1
duffybear32830
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default How far in advance to get BWV during March?

Hi, I'm a newbie here. I was interested in renting points for March this year but I guess that I probably waited too late. I requested a quote for March 10-14 and/or March 10-17 at BWV, WL (either), or AKL and nothing was available.

For future reference, do I need to be at the 7 month mark to get those for a spring break trip (mid March is our spring break)?
duffybear32830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:42 PM   #2
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

At least 7 months. To give you an idea, for a studio right now at BWV, there is only a night here and there until you get past July 4. Nothing at all for CCV or BRV. Didn't really check AKV, except nothing in March except single nights and only two of those for the month.

Last edited by Carol; 01-11-2018 at 05:51 PM.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:06 PM   #3
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffybear32830 View Post
Hi, I'm a newbie here. I was interested in renting points for March this year but I guess that I probably waited too late. I requested a quote for March 10-14 and/or March 10-17 at BWV, WL (either), or AKL and nothing was available.

For future reference, do I need to be at the 7 month mark to get those for a spring break trip (mid March is our spring break)?
The best way to assure the dates you want is to book as close to 11 months to your check-in date at the resort you prefer. If you really want a particular resort 11 months is the way to go, especially if you are booking a busy time of year (Spring Break definitely fits that category).

If you can't plan that far out, then the next best thing is to book at 7 months to your check-in date and be flexible on resort. OKW, SSR and AKV are the largest resorts, so don't be surprised if those are the only choices you are left with. VWL is also a fairly large resort, but BWV and BCV are smaller and have a higher demand, so they move quickly. Also, be flexible on room size if you can be. Studios are the most popular rooms because they are the least expensive. If you can book a 1 or 2 bdrm you might have more luck. If you REALLY want a studio... see paragraph #1 (book at 11 months to check-in)

Good luck!

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:38 PM   #4
PurrfectPrincess
One Bedroom

To get what you want when you want it at Disney's Boardwalk Resort, you need to own there and reserve right at 11 months.
PurrfectPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:01 PM   #5
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

The closer to 7 months the better if not 11 months if you want a harder to get studio.

We did fine at 5 months out for a March trip doing a 1 bedroom BWV but got our waitlist for BCV not long after. While spring break that week is not super duper busy, it's not wise to wait.

There's really nothing available consecutively for those dates this close.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:17 AM   #6
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

March is busy but not as busy as 4th of July or Christmas or weekends in December. You should do fairly well rigjt at 7 month window. Studios are the hardest rooms to get because of the lower point cost. Swan and dolphin are inthe same area as the bwv and bcv and usually have better prices. We have stayed at the Swan a couple times.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:03 AM   #7
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
The best way to assure the dates you want is to book as close to 11 months to your check-in date at the resort you prefer. If you really want a particular resort 11 months is the way to go, especially if you are booking a busy time of year (Spring Break definitely fits that category).

If you can't plan that far out, then the next best thing is to book at 7 months to your check-in date and be flexible on resort. OKW, SSR and AKV are the largest resorts, so don't be surprised if those are the only choices you are left with. VWL is also a fairly large resort, but BWV and BCV are smaller and have a higher demand, so they move quickly. Also, be flexible on room size if you can be. Studios are the most popular rooms because they are the least expensive. If you can book a 1 or 2 bdrm you might have more luck. If you REALLY want a studio... see paragraph #1 (book at 11 months to check-in)

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurrfectPrincess View Post
To get what you want when you want it at Disney's Boardwalk Resort, you need to own there and reserve right at 11 months.

Studio rentals at the smaller resorts need to be booked at 11 months. If you want SSR, OKW or Kidani studio then you have more time but not much.
At this point, you can’t book a studio anywhere for more than a night in March.
1 bed not much better.
Bookings are going to get tougher and renters will need to adjust their booking windows and their expectations. The earlier the better.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:13 PM   #8
yahoo
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post

If you can't plan that far out, then the next best thing is to book at 7 months to your check-in date and be flexible on resort. OKW, SSR and AKV are the largest resorts, so don't be surprised if those are the only choices you are left with. VWL is also a fairly large resort, but BWV and BCV are smaller and have a higher demand, so they move quickly. Also, be flexible on room size if you can be. Studios are the most popular rooms because they are the least expensive. If you can book a 1 or 2 bdrm you might have more luck. If you REALLY want a studio... see paragraph #1 (book at 11 months to check-in)Good luck!

yahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:25 PM   #9
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking Once Star Wars land opens up

Once Star Wars land opens up at the HS,

I don't think you'll be able to get BCV or BWV without owning there.

JMHO, Goldi
goldilocks_63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:13 PM   #10
Fiveresorts
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
Once Star Wars land opens up at the HS,

I don't think you'll be able to get BCV or BWV without owning there.

JMHO, Goldi
When will the new DVC open at Riviera? I think this will help keep BWV and BCV from being to flooded. But I know Im banking our points there to have plenty for the fall of 2019.