home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #1
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Default Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular AND New Year's Eve!

Three nights and three nights only at the fabulous Pop! Century Resort. Star Wars Galactic Spectacular and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. One day at Epcot and another touring monorail resorts.

Travel woes to report on first. After a three hour snow delay, we arrived at MCO at 1am. We were promptly gathered in a huge crowd with no explanation of what was going on. We eventually realized that the shuttle from the gates to the terminal was not running. After a long delay we were ushered down an escalator to wait again for a bus. We were herded on a bus and brought to the terminal. Thankfully DME was merciful and we got to our room about 3am.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
Turf and Surf and Turf
Sun, Sea, and Romance-Once Upon a Fantasy
Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular AND New Year's Eve 2017-18
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 2016
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...
12/2018 BLT-BCV Another New Year*** 3/2019 AoA The Smithereens Trip***5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-BLT Western Carib***12/2019 VGC

Home resorts BCV BWV BLT VGC - all the good ones

Last edited by Boundin'; 01-05-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:55 AM   #2
flypwm
Two Bedroom

We overlapped a bit, hope you're having fun, we just got back to Maine on the 16th!

Snow delay on our end as well, except mostly in the air. BOS-MCO on the 9th took north of 3:30 because of headwinds. Apparently the MCO-BOS segment that preceded it was really fast. And why BOS doesn't have at-gate de-icing still baffles me a little.

Staff at BCV seemed a lot happier this trip versus our last, if that makes any sense. Except Goofy. He was actually kind of a dick when we had breakfast at Cape May, looked like he wanted to just walk around but not stop with any of the kids unless a staff member made him do it.
flypwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:20 PM   #3
Boundin'
Grand Villa

More on travel. So we received our DME with the four hour lead time going to MCO. I called DME and they refused to make it an hour later citing airport protocol. The kicker is when we got to MCO, there was a sign at security stating they were only letting through people with flights within two hours. WTF?! They have no clue what they are doing at MCO these days. But they let TSA Pre though security. So we wound up sitting at the hub where our gate is for three hours. So finally we boarded. Then we get a message that because of delays at Newark, there will be a 90 minute delay and we need to deboard. That is where we stand now.

Trip reports:
Turf and Surf and Turf
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...
12/2018 BLT-BCV Another New Year*** 3/2019 AoA The Smithereens Trip***5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-BLT Western Carib***12/2019 VGC

Old 12-18-2017, 02:01 PM   #4
flypwm
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
More on travel. So we received our DME with the four hour lead time going to MCO. I called DME and they refused to make it an hour later citing airport protocol. The kicker is when we got to MCO, there was a sign at security stating they were only letting through people with flights within two hours. WTF?! They have no clue what they are doing at MCO these days. But they let TSA Pre though security. So we wound up sitting at the hub where our gate is for three hours.
This was our experience as well - including the refusal to voluntarily schedule a later DME (with full responsibility for missing our flight if it happened). With resort bag check and TSA Pre, arriving 90 minutes prior to departure would have been more than enough.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:12 PM   #5
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
More on travel. So we received our DME with the four hour lead time going to MCO. I called DME and they refused to make it an hour later citing airport protocol. The kicker is when we got to MCO, there was a sign at security stating they were only letting through people with flights within two hours. WTF?! They have no clue what they are doing at MCO these days. But they let TSA Pre though security. So we wound up sitting at the hub where our gate is for three hours. So finally we boarded. Then we get a message that because of delays at Newark, there will be a 90 minute delay and we need to deboard. That is where we stand now.
I am convinced this may be a ploy to get people to use the new Shuttle Cars....

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:21 PM   #6
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I wanted to Uber but the boss vetoed that decision.

Trip reports:
Turf and Surf and Turf
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...

Old 12-18-2017, 02:23 PM   #7
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypwm View Post
This was our experience as well - including the refusal to voluntarily schedule a later DME (with full responsibility for missing our flight if it happened). With resort bag check and TSA Pre, arriving 90 minutes prior to departure would have been more than enough.
I think you mean leaving 90 minutes prior

Trip reports:
Turf and Surf and Turf
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...

Old 12-18-2017, 02:53 PM   #8
flypwm
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
I am convinced this may be a ploy to get people to use the new Shuttle Cars....
I wish! Minnie Vans only go point to point within WDW. We used them quite a bit last week and they're great.

Quote:
I wanted to Uber but the boss vetoed that decision.
Same. She basically said it wasn't worth $50 for the extra 1-2 hours. That is true, but I also really hate sitting in the airport. We ended up at The Club at MCO (next to the Gate 1-9 concourse), and were basically the last folks in to actually get seats for a while so there's that I guess.

Quote:
I think you mean leaving 90 minutes prior
That's pretty much what I'd prefer, but we pad it to 90 because we have a 5 year old.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:34 PM   #9
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Ugh on the travel issues, looking forward to the rest. Safe flight back.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:34 PM   #10
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypwm View Post
I wish! Minnie Vans only go point to point within WDW. We used them quite a bit last week and they're great.

Same. She basically said it wasn't worth $50 for the extra 1-2 hours. That is true, but I also really hate sitting in the airport. We ended up at The Club at MCO (next to the Gate 1-9 concourse), and were basically the last folks in to actually get seats for a while so there's that I guess.

That's pretty much what I'd prefer, but we pad it to 90 because we have a 5 year old.
$27 Uber ride on September 12th at 7:30 am

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote