home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-06-2017, 09:42 PM   #1
DVC DAD
Studio

Default Dec 30th and 31st Fireworks

There are 2 shows is the 11:30 show bigger than the 6:30 (fantasy in the sky) on Dec the 30th at magic Kingdom? Iím staying at BLT, opinions on weather to view from TWL vs main ST?

Mitch
DVC DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:08 PM   #2
robinb
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC DAD View Post
There are 2 shows is the 11:30 show bigger than the 6:30 (fantasy in the sky) on Dec the 30th at magic Kingdom? Iím staying at BLT, opinions on weather to view from TWL vs main ST?

Mitch
Yes, a LOT bigger. The 11:50 show on 12/30 is the same as the 12/31 NYE. It should not be missed. The best place to see it in the hub.

robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:13 AM   #3
MMC1
Grand Villa

Why stay at the BLT if you are not going to take advantage of watching the fireworks from the Top of the World? Especially on the eve of the most crowded day of the year. Take advantage of the view from the Top in case you aren't able to next year and will have to fight the crowds. It will be one of your favorite memories unless you happen to have Poly Bungalow view too!
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:50 AM   #4
Mass Transit
Two Bedroom

Brave the park crowds. It's New Years Eve!!!!

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:18 PM   #5
It's Me
Grand Villa

We did the 11:50 show on the 30th a few years ago. Place was packed, but it was soooo worth it. One of our favorite nights ever at WDW. Totally worth going to MK to watch, IMO.

My take is... why stay at BLT and not take advantage of being able to walk back to your hotel, on one of the busiest nights of the year. Being able to avoid transportation that night makes it even more bearable

NOTC4
It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:33 PM   #6
MMC1
Grand Villa

Thats true too. I've done it both ways. By myself or with son; def brave crowds but daughter I can barely get her to Top of the World... not a Disney person.
I was just thinking of cost to stay at BLT for privilege of members only fun...
for NYE. This year it will be Las Vegas NYE for me. Will be a different crowd I am guessing!
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote