home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-28-2017, 10:36 AM   #1
dantr
Studio

Default 2018 Moonlight Magic Events

Hi guys,

I got an email today from DVC announcing the 2018 Moonlight Magic events. These are the ones listed:
Jan. 11 and 28, and Feb. 6 at Magic Kingdom Park
March 21, April 17 and May 16 at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
May 30 and June 11 at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
July 16 and Aug. 13 at Epcot
Sept. 19 and 26, and Oct. 3 at Disney's Hollywood Studios
Nov. 15 at Disney California Adventure Park

They do mention Toy Story Land for the first Moonlight Magic at Hollywood Studios, so it's bound to be open by then, right?
Old 11-28-2017, 10:37 AM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Default Moonlight Magic Dates 2018

Mark your calendars for more Moonlight Magic in 2018

Members will enjoy more Moonlight Magic event dates than ever in 2018, with parties already confirmed for every month from January through November, with more dates still to come! To help you plan accordingly, Disney Vacation Club is pleased to share confirmed party and booking dates.

The confirmed slate includes the first Moonlight Magic events at Disney's Hollywood Studios, where the highly anticipated Toy Story Land is scheduled to have made its playful debut by the time Members take over the park. Also confirmed is a return to Disney California Adventure Park, where Paradise Pier is scheduled to have become Pixar Pier - headlined by the highly anticipated transformation of California Screamin' into The Incredibles-inspired Incredicoaster!

Introduced in 2017 as part of Membership Magic Ever After, complimentary Moonlight Magic events invite Disney Vacation Club Members and special guests to turn Disney Parks into their own personal playgrounds at the end of the parks' operating days. While attendees may get a jump start on the fun by mixing in with the regular crowd earlier in the evening, the real magic happens after the park has closed to the public. It's then that privileged partiers discover shorter-than-usual wait times on popular attractions, meet off-the-beaten-path Characters, enjoy complimentary refreshments, let loose at dance parties and more.

Here's a look at the confirmed 2018 Moonlight Magic schedule, including the dates on which online reservations will open for each event:

Jan. 11 and 28, and Feb. 6 at Magic Kingdom Park
(Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates Dec 7. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on Dec 21.)

March 21, April 17 and May 16 at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
(Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates Feb 8. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on Feb 22.)

May 30 and June 11 at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
(Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates April 19. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on May 3.)

July 16 and Aug. 13 at Epcot
(Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates June 6. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on June 20.)

Sept. 19 and 26, and Oct. 3 at Disney's Hollywood Studios
(Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates Aug 30. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on Sept. 13.)

Nov. 15 at Disney California Adventure Park
(Booking begins for all Members on Oct. 4.)

Please note that, in order to allow as many Members as possible to enjoy Moonlight Magic, only one event date for each participating park will be available per Membership. Watch disneyvacationclub.com for additions to the Moonlight Magic event slate, as well as party hours and transportation information.

An R.S.V.P is required for these events. At least one valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card with photo ID will be required for these experiences. Activities, entertainment and Characters are subject to change and these events are subject to cancellation in the event of inclement weather.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:45 AM   #3
MIAMouseketeer
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I like how they are limiting events to one per member per park. I've seen on other forums how people grabbed tickets to both Epcot events while others couldn't get any. Unfortunately, none of these events work for us yet, but maybe I'll book something for DHS if we can't get into the Toy Story Land soft opening.
MIAMouseketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:46 AM   #4
TexasChick
Two Bedroom

I was so excited when I got the email. We will finally be at the parks during one of these! Whoo hoo!

***I also like that they’re limiting it to one event per membership. Granted, some of us have more than one membership, but it still will open up availability to more members instead of those that book every single event.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:51 AM   #5
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

I have four trips planned for 2018 and none hit the Moonlight Magic dates.

I may have to plan a 5th trip to WDW......I m a tired of missing these types of events!!!
Old 11-28-2017, 10:57 AM   #6
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

We're missing the July Epcot date by a week! Ugh!!
Old 11-28-2017, 10:58 AM   #7
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Just checked availability for the Jan 21st date.....zero room available!

I know we are in the 60 day window, which means all left over rooms are turned over to breakage. Gonna have to waitlist!
Old 11-28-2017, 11:01 AM   #8
swat08
Studio

Still working out our vacation dates but good chance I will be there for the August Epcot date!!
swat08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:03 AM   #9
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Have three trips during 2018, 16 total days, and not a single date is moonlight magic for us.

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s): Dec 30-Jan 4 at OKW/PVB, March 3-10 at BWV and Oct 28- Nov 2 at BWV
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:03 AM   #10
dantr
Studio

This is awesome. The one at Hollywood Studios with Toy Story Land should be pretty cool.