home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 03:53 PM   #1
Seanwillcoxon
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Question renting from DVC owner

Hi

I recently stayed at the Beach club resort and met some really great DVC owners in the hot tub who told me about Mouseowners.com. I don't think we are good candidates to be owners but we stay with 7 people every other year at disney and always looks for a two bedroom villa in november. I am wondering if you can give me some pointers on how to go about finding out is someone is willing to rent me there points??
Seanwillcoxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #2
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

start out by going to the rent/trade board, taking a look-see, and READING all the helpful stickies our administrator posted.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #3
Hi from RI
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
start out by going to the rent/trade board, taking a look-see, and READING all the helpful stickies our administrator posted.

ME ,DH , DS22 , DD20 , DD12

Stayed at : BLT, AKL, BWV, VGF, HHI, VERO, PVB,
DCL 2016
Before DVC Member: POR, ASM, PVR, OKW
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:58 PM   #4
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Also look at the David the brokers ad and read his stickies . It is the easiest way for a beginning renter.

David’s vacation club rentals. I think it is dvcrequest.com.
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:10 PM   #5
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanwillcoxon View Post
Hi

I recently stayed at the Beach club resort and met some really great DVC owners in the hot tub who told me about Mouseowners.com. I don't think we are good candidates to be owners but we stay with 7 people every other year at disney and always looks for a two bedroom villa in november. I am wondering if you can give me some pointers on how to go about finding out is someone is willing to rent me there points??
Rent/Trade/Transfer Forum

As others said start by clicking on the top link titled Rules, Guidelines, and Helpful Tips - MUST READ THIS BEFORE POSTING! Once you open the link there are six stickies READ ALL OF THEM! They have very helpful information for you and will help you with your rental.

From there you will be good to go

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Monday, 12/25/17 - Tuesday, 12/26/2017 - SSR
Tuesday, 12/26/17 - Saturday, 12/30/17 - BLT
Saturday, 12/30/17 - Sunday, 01/07/18 - VGF (Running 1st 1/2 Marathon - 01/06/18)
Wednesday, 06/27/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:51 AM   #6
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

You might think about purchasing 100 points dvc and betwen nanking and borrowing you could go every other year in a two bed.

Last edited by pooh bears mom; 11-14-2017 at 05:36 PM.
pooh bears mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:41 AM   #7
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanwillcoxon View Post
Hi

Welcome to MouseOwners!!!

I have had some great timeshare talks over the years. You can get some very good advice from those hot tube timeshare vets!

If you go to Disney every year and stay in a two bedroom every other year, DVC is screaming at you to be a member. To me, you are the perfect candidate to buy, own and use DVC. With banking/borrowing point, you can work the DVC system well to get your 2-bedroom unit.

The only caveat is that over time, people's vacation habits change. Kids get older, jobs change, health changes, etc......sometimes you end up going more to Disney, some times you go less.

I have met many great people from MouseOwners over the years. If I go back and look at my posts from 2007 to 2010 and who were in those conversations, I would guess that 50%-80% of those people no longer are here or actively post.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:16 PM   #8
Duke3853
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

If you plan on consistently going every 2 years and staying in a 2 br, you are a perfect candidate for DVC ownership.
Duke3853 is offline   Reply With Quote