home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-19-2017, 07:19 AM   #1
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

Default Fall Fun at Disney!

Pre-Trip Report: http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123915

Day One: Travel Day/Magic Kingdom

DH & DD flew down early this morning. DD was so excited; she came running into our room at 5 am saying ďBye, Mommy! Iíll see you at Disney!Ē DH reported that it was exactly 2 hours from the time his flight landed until he reached BLT on the ME. He did call me to complain (remember, weíre not public transportation-type people), but I didnít think 2 hours total was too bad. DH says MK seems crowded to him--the lowest wait time for a ride was 35 minutes for the magic carpets!

I suffered through my training for three hours this morning before picking up DS and heading to the airport. 1 pm on a Wednesday seems like the right time to fly--we were TSA precheck, but there were no lines at all in the CMH Southwest terminal. We had a completely uneventful flight. I found out that a friend I used to work with is going to Disney tomorrow and staying at the Contemporary. We might try to meet up, if just to say hi, at some point! Since DH timed his, I timed our trip on the ME as well. From the tram at the gates to BLT (with stops at Wilderness Lodge & the Contemporary), it was 1 hour and 20 minutes. I did not think that was bad at all. Score one for the ME!

I got our room ready text right before we boarded our plane, so DH & DD went on ahead and started to unpack and called for our Prime Now order and our Ownerís Locker. I went back & forth for months on whether it was worth it to get an OL, but Iím so glad we did! Do they normally drop the OLs at the Contemporary for BLT deliveries? Bell Services told DH it was at the Contemporary when he called for it. When DS and I got to the room (5th floor-my request on Touring Plans), I ran to get some ice for our water bottles then we were off to MK.

Our first FP was for BTM. We were all hungry, but we decided to go ride that and get the rider swap for later. We decided on Caseyís for dinner. We used the mobile ordering, which was awesome. DH said he used it for lunch at Cosmic Rayís as well. Since we donít have DP, that part doesnít bother us, but I did buy a bunch of gift cards to apply to room charges that we wonít have. Oh well, itís not like it wonít get spent some time! DH and I split a footlong chili cheese dog and DS got a regular chili cheese dog. DD fell asleep between Frontierland and Caseyís and we decided not to wake her up. After Caseyís we made our way over to our Space Mountain FP. Iíll admit, Iím not a big SM fan. I get motion sickness, and I really have to be in the mood to ride it. I was going to let DH use my FP, but he said he didnít feel like riding it after eating. DS was disappointed, so on SM I went! We were in the front and it actually wasnít too bad. We got a rider swap for DH and DS to use later. We were waiting to see if DD would wake up to ride Ariel (her request before falling asleep), we decided to go over and ride our Pirateís FP. Let me tell you, the crowds I saw yesterday were Christmas-level crowds. I was so shocked. I knew it would be busy, but this was beyond what I expected. It had been a long day, between work and travel, and we were ready to crash. This was right before HEA was starting. We were just going to walk through the shops on Main Street to get to the exit, but they had a backstage door open by the restrooms/baby care center between Caseyís and Crystal Palace to go to the exit. It was a quick and easy exit after that and walk back to BLT to crash.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:27 AM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Off to a great start! Thanks for taking the time to share.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:45 AM   #3
Moxie
Two Bedroom

Thanks for sharing! Fall at Disney is my favorite.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:26 PM   #4
lisacast
One Bedroom

Timing landing to Resort sounds like a lot of fun Thanks for sharing that Thanks for sharing your trip too. I am very interested in Mobile Ordering. I am glad you had a good experience. I will have to try that out.

Owner since 2012
lisacast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:31 PM   #5
taccol
Two Bedroom

Have a great trip!! The weather here in Florida right now is righteous!!
Old 10-19-2017, 01:48 PM   #6
LR0929
One Bedroom

I really need to look into mobile ordering. We go to the parks all the time (we live local), but I have yet to try it. Enjoy your trip!!
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:54 PM   #7
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Sounds great so far, enjoy!
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:02 PM   #8
krisephillips
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
Let me tell you, the crowds I saw yesterday were Christmas-level crowds.
I was surprised how busy it was for our trip late Sept as well. It has not usually been this busy in Sept, but seems very busy this year. I wonder if people are starting to change vacation times from the summer months to fall/early spring due to the summer heat. Summer crowd levels have been low but fall/spring levels continue to increase.

We went in early February this year and it was by far the best crowd levels I have ever seen. Waited no more the 15-25 minutes for rides and in the late evenings you could walk on to Peter Pan. It was great!

Disney Castaway Club Member-Silver Level.
krisephillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:05 PM   #9
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

Day Two: Epcot-AM
DD was up at 7, which means we all were up at 7. Haha. We got up and started moving around and realized there were EMH at Epcot. I donít know how DH missed that last night when I asked him to check the hours. We decided to get up and get moving and bonus if we happened to catch EMH. We got dressed, ate pop-tarts for breakfast (thanks PrimeNow!), and got ice for our water bottles and we were out the door by 8. I have no idea how that happened. We took the monorail and we were inside Epcot by 8:30. In all of our visits, we must have never been to Epcot for EMH. It was so nice! Since we already had FP for Test Track and Soarin, we decided to hit all the other rides. We stopped at Spaceship Earth (my little nerdy-DS says itís his second favorite ride at Epcot after TT), went to Nemo, watched some divers cleaning the tank, said hello to Bruce, took a journey into our imagination with Figment, designed our own Figments, then headed to Mission Space all before 9:30. Meanwhile, the FP system for MDE was completely down. This is a problem we havenít encountered since they started the testing back in 2013. Back then, I took screenshots of all of our FPs. So many trips since then and no issues, I didnít even think to do it this time. I had an idea what our FP times were, but I stopped at the kiosk on the Mission Space side to double check. Those kiosks were fine, the kiosks heading over to The Land was a mess. The lines were backed clear out of the tunnel. DS and DH rode Mission Space (I always skip this one), then headed over to Test Track. We got the rider swap and DD decided she wanted to go ride The Land. We headed over that way and she changed her mind and said she wanted to go watch the Pixar shorts. It said the next show was in 10 minutes. After waiting about 5, a message came on the screen that said 11 minutes until the next show. She was starting to reach her waiting time limit. After another 5 minutes or so, she said she was ready to go. She has seen all of these before so I didnít mind. We left and got her some fruit from the little food stand there. I was happy because she doesnít like to eat much when weíre on vacation and Iím always worried about her. About that time, the boys had finished so DS and I went to ride Soarin. Tip for those who rider swap--Soarin doesnít ask for the younger child to be present to get a rider swap since they donít allow strollers inside the building. DH took DD in to the DVC lounge while we rode, or as DD calls it--the ďupstairs Figment play room.Ē Our wait for Soarin seemed really really long, compared to past times. We mustíve just missed the flight or something. We ended up in the first row in concourse A and for the first time I saw the distortion that everyone talks about. It wasnít enough that it bothered me, but it is disappointing that they couldnít get that right. The family sitting next to us had never ridden before and I heard the father talk about how awesome the ride is. Obviously the distortion didnít bother him either. I wonder if it is only observed by people who ride often, and others are just so taken aback by the sights and smells that they donít notice it.

After Soariní we were ready to EAT! I donít know why, but we decided to just hang in Future World. We got the piggy wings from the Flavors from Fire, then went into the Light Lab. DH got a flight of beer then we got the Vanilla Tonic Water + Cotton Candy for the kids to share. It was really good. I donít drink beer, but the Founders Brewing Company Green Zebra Watermelon Gose Ale was actually pretty good. I didnít get to see it, but DH and DS said it was so cool to watch the girl make the cotton candy tonic water. I went out to the Coastal Eats kiosk and got the Lump Crab Cake, then Earth Eats for Zucchini and Ricotta Ravioli and the White Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse. Everything was delicious. Iím the only zucchini fan in my house, so I think I was the only fan of the ravioli. DS said it was ďunexpectedly crunchy.Ē haha. He loved trying everything, though, and marking it in his passport. His favorite was the mousse, of course. He gets his sweet tooth from his mama. The peanut butter in the mousse reminded me so much of my grandmaís peanut butter fudge. We also enjoyed collecting the mini-AP buttons. From there, we went over to the Craft Beers at the Odyssey. DH wanted a scotch egg and he got the Cheeseburger & Cheddar Cheese Macaroni Handwich for the kids. Of course, neither one of the kids would eat it, which meant he ate that too. I had a couple of bites, and it was pretty good. The kids shared the bread cone after he ate all of the macaroni out of it. DH got a beer as well, but I donít know what it was. I took DD to the restroom in there and was shocked at the filthiness. One of the toilets looked like someone had vomited all over it the night before and it never got cleaned up. After that, it was 1 and becoming clear that DD was getting sleepy. DH wouldíve liked to explore the World Showcase a little, but he decided to come back with us. I was getting a pretty bad headache, so I was happy to come back with DD alone. DD fell asleep on the monorail ride back. When we got back to the room she didnít even budge when we transferred her to the couch. Itís nearly 4 and sheís still asleep! Iím grateful for that, though, because we are headed to MNSSHP tonight and hopefully she will be happy being out so late! Will post tomorrow and hopefully will be able to upload some pics!
Old 10-19-2017, 04:15 PM   #10
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisephillips View Post
I was surprised how busy it was for our trip late Sept as well. It has not usually been this busy in Sept, but seems very busy this year. I wonder if people are starting to change vacation times from the summer months to fall/early spring due to the summer heat. Summer crowd levels have been low but fall/spring levels continue to increase.

We went in early February this year and it was by far the best crowd levels I have ever seen. Waited no more the 15-25 minutes for rides and in the late evenings you could walk on to Peter Pan. It was great!
The crowds were pretty low in late July/August as well. I might be wrong, but I feel like there were a lot of free dining offers for this time that might be drawing the crowds in.