home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 01:18 PM   #1
dulcinea14
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Just signed a contract!

I am soooooo excited, I have no words. BUT we JUST signed our contract today and are waiting for the seller to sign theirs and start the next ROFR process.

So, I'm nervous as heck because what started this decision was a decision to visit WDW the first two weeks of December next year. We looked into renting and then realized that it was foolish since we LOVE Disney and my son is only 1.5 years old and I want him to go many times in his childhood.

But I'm finding out that the first two weeks of December are quite popular times to go at AKV our (hopefully) home resort. So, looking at the timeline, we have around 2 months and 3 weeks before we need to start booking at the 11-month mark.

I really have outdone myself in tight deadlines, haven't I?

I see that some people get it wrapped up in 2 months, but the seller could sit on the paperwork or Disney could be slow etc etc., so I'm only cautiously optimistic that I will be able to book a 6 night stay in the first two weeks of December 2018.

If we can't, well we have a blast nonetheless. Fortunately, we will have some extra points to play with if we need to adjust. For now, I just get to be antsy for awhile!
dulcinea14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:20 PM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

First....Welcome to MouseOwners!!!!

Congrats on your DVC contract and hopefully membership!

Keeps us posted on your ROFR process......Good Luck!
Old 10-13-2017, 01:22 PM   #3
taccol
Two Bedroom

Welcome Home!!
Old 10-13-2017, 01:30 PM   #4
kreilly
Studio

Congrats! And good luck with your ROFR.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #5
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulcinea14 View Post
I am soooooo excited, I have no words. BUT we JUST signed our contract today and are waiting for the seller to sign theirs and start the next ROFR process.

So, I'm nervous as heck because what started this decision was a decision to visit WDW the first two weeks of December next year. We looked into renting and then realized that it was foolish since we LOVE Disney and my son is only 1.5 years old and I want him to go many times in his childhood.

But I'm finding out that the first two weeks of December are quite popular times to go at AKV our (hopefully) home resort. So, looking at the timeline, we have around 2 months and 3 weeks before we need to start booking at the 11-month mark.

I really have outdone myself in tight deadlines, haven't I?

I see that some people get it wrapped up in 2 months, but the seller could sit on the paperwork or Disney could be slow etc etc., so I'm only cautiously optimistic that I will be able to book a 6 night stay in the first two weeks of December 2018.

If we can't, well we have a blast nonetheless. Fortunately, we will have some extra points to play with if we need to adjust. For now, I just get to be antsy for awhile!
Congratulations!

On your reservation, I think you will be fine. Yes, early Dec is hugely popular, but AKV is a large resort so it probably won't fill up right at the 11 month mark. (This year will be our first trip in early Dec time frame, but I've been watching the Availability calendar to see what the patterns are :-))

Good luck with ROFR !!

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #6
LR0929
One Bedroom

Congratulations! Good luck with ROFR! Fingers crossed for a smooth transaction from start to finish. Keep us posted!
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:51 PM   #7
dulcinea14
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
Congratulations!

On your reservation, I think you will be fine. Yes, early Dec is hugely popular, but AKV is a large resort so it probably won't fill up right at the 11 month mark. (This year will be our first trip in early Dec time frame, but I've been watching the Availability calendar to see what the patterns are :-))

Good luck with ROFR !!
Oh thank you for that reassurance! I really hope it works out for us. We are taking my parents and I've had a dream to take them with us to my son's first WDW trip since before my son was even conceived! The last time there were there was when I was a kid in 80's. We stayed at a mildewy-smelling Red Carpet Inn and Epcot was new! I remembering wistfully looking at the Contemporary wishing we could stay there! Haha

And thank you everyone for the warm welcome!
dulcinea14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:12 PM   #8
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

As others have said -- you should be able to get into AKV without too much trouble as long as you book within your 9-10 month window. Just don't expect getting the value rooms. Savannah should be available.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:19 PM   #9
cw62803
One Bedroom

Good for you. All the best. It takes a while - hang in there - it's worth it!
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:33 PM   #10
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Congratulations!
Here's hoping for a quick ROFR process, you'll be home before you know it!
First week of December rocks!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote