home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 10-12-2017, 09:28 PM   #1
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom
 
ealvarado8899's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 728
Default Terralina Crafted Italian / Portobellos

I see the website says Portobellos is being renamed to Terralina Crafted Italian and is supposed to open "early fall." Has anyone seen any information on when it is scheduled to really open?
__________________
----------------------------------------------------
1977 - Disneyland
1996 - Dixie Landings 2 weeks - Early December
2009 - Off site - Christmas
2012 - Polynesian - October
2015 - Art of Animation - Christmas week
2016 - Purchase DVC!
2016 - SSR - Thanksgiving Week
2017 - SSR - June
2017 - BWV - June
2018 - SSR - March - Spring Break

----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:10 AM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 27,982
Default

Website of Restaurant......nothing.

http://www.terralinacrafteditalian.com/
__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
Leftcoaster
Founding Member
 
Leftcoaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Aliso Viejo, Ca.
Posts: 2,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
I see the website says Portobellos is being renamed to Terralina Crafted Italian and is supposed to open "early fall." Has anyone seen any information on when it is scheduled to really open?
The website clearly states Early Fall 2017. So, in Disney speak, that can be anytime between now and the 50th anniversary. How many years is The Edison behind schedule?
__________________


www.twitter.com/morerumlesscoke

"Being a princess means so much more than wearing a tiara and a pretty dress" - Cinderellabration

"Don't do anything Revengy 'till I get there."
Leftcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom
 
ealvarado8899's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 728
Default

Yes, I understand Disney renovation dates. Many on MO are better read up on Disney activities than I, so I was wondering if anyone had heard or read something. Rumors always fly before official announcements.

I know Portobellos is not one the crowd favorites, but we enjoy good quality "American" Italian places. We find their menu more palatable than the other Italian alternatives. We have a spring break visit scheduled so we are in the midst of event planning.
__________________
----------------------------------------------------
1977 - Disneyland
1996 - Dixie Landings 2 weeks - Early December
2009 - Off site - Christmas
2012 - Polynesian - October
2015 - Art of Animation - Christmas week
2016 - Purchase DVC!
2016 - SSR - Thanksgiving Week
2017 - SSR - June
2017 - BWV - June
2018 - SSR - March - Spring Break

----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #5
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 27,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
Yes, I understand Disney renovation dates. Many on MO are better read up on Disney activities than I, so I was wondering if anyone had heard or read something. Rumors always fly before official announcements.

I know Portobellos is not one the crowd favorites, but we enjoy good quality "American" Italian places. We find their menu more palatable than the other Italian alternatives. We have a spring break visit scheduled so we are in the midst of event planning.
Portobellos was one of our favorite Springs Restaurants and were sorry to se it close. That said, here is to hoping we see a better Italian Restaurant in its place.

I suspect we are looking at a November opening. Time is running out for an October opening date.
__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #6
swat08
Studio
 
swat08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Portobellos was one of our favorite Springs Restaurants and were sorry to se it close. That said, here is to hoping we see a better Italian Restaurant in its place.

I suspect we are looking at a November opening. Time is running out for an October opening date.
Ours too - my husband always got the chicken parm, he said it was his favorite. We went to Trattoria al Forno over the summer and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. He of course had the chicken parm and said it was just as good. We will definitely be back there but are looking forward to the opening of this new one.
swat08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 PM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.