home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #1
eandjmom
Studio

Default 2 reservations Magic Band question

We are staying next week at Wilderness Lodge with my in-laws on their cash reservation. We received our Magic Bands for that reservation a few weeks ago.

The night before their cash reservation we are staying one night on our points at Wilderness Lodge as well. Is there a way to add that one night reservation to our Magic Bands? Or do I need to wait until I check in?
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:34 PM   #2
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Any active MagicBand that's linked to your MDE profile can be used for any room reservation that's linked to the same MDE profile.

JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:04 PM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

A Magic Band just accesses information on your MDE profile - in itself it has no information stored on it. So any MB will access a hotel reservation linked to your account.

Every now and then it does seem like something can get messed up and the front desk needs to "fix" it. But usually it just works for access.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:14 PM   #4
BLTMouse
Studio

Go into the My Disney Experience website and try to add that reservation number to your "My Reservations and Tickets" screen. Then you'll be able to book fastpasses for that day too.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:25 AM   #5
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

FYI ... For a split stay, you will want to go down to the Front Desk and ask them to check you out of the first room. Tell them you are moving. Since you are staying in the same resort, they can go ahead and check you in to your new room also. If they don't actually do a "check out" on you, you might have problems accessing your new room (the system will not allow you to be in 2 rooms at the same time).

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

My DVC Caste: Happy to be a Donald!
tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:48 AM   #6
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTMouse View Post
Go into the My Disney Experience website and try to add that reservation number to your "My Reservations and Tickets" screen. Then you'll be able to book fastpasses for that day too.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:15 AM   #7
eandjmom
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
FYI ... For a split stay, you will want to go down to the Front Desk and ask them to check you out of the first room. Tell them you are moving. Since you are staying in the same resort, they can go ahead and check you in to your new room also. If they don't actually do a "check out" on you, you might have problems accessing your new room (the system will not allow you to be in 2 rooms at the same time).
Thank you for this. I didn't realize that!!
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote